Chain tensioner that doubles as non-turn washers for Alfine

Old November 11th 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Chain tensioner that doubles as non-turn washers for Alfine

wrote:

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. *I just had a
Alfine custom wheel built by Harris to go on my Bianchi MUSS. *I
absolutely love this setup and would recommend it to anyone. *The only
thing that I don't like is that I can't seem to get the right chain
tension. *I miss my Surly tuggnuts and the ability to not only provide
perfect chain tension but ensure that the axle is perfectly straight
in the dropouts. *The non-turn washers prevent me from using these.

This got me thinking...would it be possible to combine a non-turn
washer and chain tensioner? *

Sure, why not? Why not make one yourself, I mean? A couple of hours
work with a file, a plumber's torch, and a little 56% silver solder
and flux could combine an anti-turn washer, a steel chain tensioner,
and a 10mm tab of your own devising.

If you are clever but not so handy, you could always go with
http://www.emachineshop.com/ .

Chalo