Bontrager Race Lite Hard Case

Old August 14th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jorg Lueke

Default Bontrager Race Lite Hard Case

I have the 700x28 and in my experience these have been far superior
than any other's I've tried in my commute. The Bontrager's slowly
wear out over time 3000+ miles. The others (Armadillo, Continental,
and some French Brand) have all been shredded by the road short of
1000 miles. Now maybe I just haven't had the right puncture resistant
model from the other brands. Although the kevlar tires seem to be the
absolute worst.

Old August 15th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Rex Kerr

Jorg Lueke wrote:
I have the 700x28 and in my experience these have been far superior
than any other's I've tried in my commute. The Bontrager's slowly
wear out over time 3000+ miles. The others (Armadillo, Continental,
and some French Brand) have all been shredded by the road short of
1000 miles. Now maybe I just haven't had the right puncture resistant
model from the other brands. Although the kevlar tires seem to be the
absolute worst.

I'd second that. I have a pair of 700x32 Bontrager hardcase tires that
just hit 4000 miles this morning and is still going strong. I've only
had one flat which was a slow leak, not an outright puncture. I have a
second pair on my fixed gear in 700x23 that came on the bike, have never
had a flat, and I've put 2000+ miles on them in addition to whatever
they already had.

--
Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.