Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

Old May 10th 10, 11:53 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?????

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Your [You're] a [an] asshole! Get a life, and a mountain bike!

We've covered this before. There only appears to be an endless supply
because by your own postings there are 50 million gearsets built by
Shimano. The endless supply of crap is what YOU manage to come up with.
Seriously, there is only one of you, yet you post the same supply of
endless drivel over and over again. And, you don't even have courtesy of
trimming the headers!

We have to be constantly at the gates to guard against all the idiot
mountain bikers who proliferate worse than rabbits. Furthermore,
repetition is at the heart of all learning.

I think the reason that Mr. Vandeman does not do any trimming is because
of the contempt that he feels for you. Please note that I do trim even
though my contempt for you is even worse than his.
[...]

Vandeman operates a website that has as one of it's goals the attraction of
people that would disagree with him. He trolls for people to disagree with
him, then feigns innocence when they climb out of the woodwork. He
practically begs people to insult him, then calls them an idiot for
obliging.

Michael J. Vandeman does not share your view of how the world works. You
really need to unhook your car from his train or you will very soon be the
same whacked out nutcase that he is.

I personally do not share your agenda, but I understand it and you should
make it stand on it's own because when you prop your cause against Mike's,
you'll be sorry in the end.

Mr. Vandeman does not get to be rude just because he has contempt. He also
does not get to be an idiot just because he has a PhD out of a box of
CrackerJacks.

Old May 11th 10, 01:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Karamba

Your a asshole! *Get a life, and a mountain bike!

Mike Vandeman has one big redeeming quality. He does not have
children. Evolution did its job.

Old May 11th 10, 10:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

[...]

He is against mountain bikes on hiking trails. So am I. Why aren't you?

Michael J. Vandeman does not share your view of how the world works. You
really need to unhook your car from his train or you will very soon be the
same whacked out nutcase that he is.

I don't care about anyone's world views, but I do care about mountain bikes
on hiking trails.

I personally do not share your agenda, but I understand it and you should
make it stand on it's own because when you prop your cause against Mike's,
you'll be sorry in the end.

I only support Mr. Vandeman on the single issue of mountain bikes on hiking
trails.

Mr. Vandeman does not get to be rude just because he has contempt. He also
does not get to be an idiot just because he has a PhD out of a box of
CrackerJacks.

He is rude in retaliation against all the idiot mountain bikers, 90% of whom
are rude in the extreme. Many of them are in fact criminals and make all
kinds of vicious threats.

By the way, I do not put you in the above class of people.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 11th 10, 03:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Karamba" wrote in message
Your a asshole! Get a life, and a mountain bike!

Mike Vandeman has one big redeeming quality. He does not have

children. Evolution did its job.

There is no shortage of people in the world. If you are not disgusted by
human overpopulation, then you should be!

There is no hope for preserving anything worth preserving because of the way
humans procreate. We are worse than rabbits. Most of us live like pigs and
it is a shame we do not die like flies.

Old May 11th 10, 05:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

That's only one facet of what's against. He is also against YOU getting off
of your sofa.

His agenda, if followed to a logical conclusion, is that anything that isn't
an animal or plant species that's native to the area should not be allowed
on the inside of the locked gate.

You should unhook your wagon from Mike's horse. He is a whack job of the
highest order. If you look up whack job in a Webster's Dictioinary, there's
a picture of Vandeman.

I accept the idea that bikes might not be allowed on hiking trails, but the
rules that guide these things should be set at the local level. Some trails
are designated by people far smarter than Vandeman, or you, as Dual Use. As
such, hikers have to deal with bikes, and vice versa. But where there are
trails that are designated as Hikning Only, then it's a police matter for
the Forest or Park Rangers to deal with.

Your agenda is that bikes and hikers are a dangerous mix, and injury is
bound to happen. To the extent this is true, there is a strong argument in
favor of what you want. Mike does not want that.

Mike does not care about the mixing of walkers and riders. He only cares
that humans are bad. They are always bad. They are never good, they are only
less bad sometimes.

Old May 11th 10, 05:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]

He is against mountain bikes on hiking trails. So am I. Why aren't you?

That's only one facet of what's against. He is also against YOU getting
off of your sofa.

His agenda, if followed to a logical conclusion, is that anything that
isn't an animal or plant species that's native to the area should not be
allowed on the inside of the locked gate.

But that is an absurdity. Why do you debate him on such non-issues?

You should unhook your wagon from Mike's horse. He is a whack job of the
highest order. If you look up whack job in a Webster's Dictioinary,
there's a picture of Vandeman.

I accept the idea that bikes might not be allowed on hiking trails, but
the rules that guide these things should be set at the local level. Some
trails are designated by people far smarter than Vandeman, or you, as Dual
Use. As such, hikers have to deal with bikes, and vice versa. But where
there are trails that are designated as Hikning Only, then it's a police
matter for the Forest or Park Rangers to deal with.

There are NO trails that can be designated for BOTH hikers and bikers. It is
one or the other.

Your agenda is that bikes and hikers are a dangerous mix, and injury is
bound to happen. To the extent this is true, there is a strong argument in
favor of what you want. Mike does not want that.

Yes, he does. He wants bikers off of hiking trails and so do I.

Mike does not care about the mixing of walkers and riders. He only cares
that humans are bad. They are always bad. They are never good, they are
only less bad sometimes.

Don't be absurd. We only want bikers off of hiking trails.

Old May 11th 10, 06:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On May 11, 9:55*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Ed, why do you think so many of us are wrong in our assessment that
Mike wants ALL humans off hiking trails and out of the wilderness?
Does it not occur to you that *something* he has said has given us ALL
that impression? We are not all imagining it, I guarantee you that.

He wants YOU out of the wilderness. Stick with him, and YOU will
never see another natural leaf, another wild animal, another mountain
stream or forest glade...just the dirty pavement and manicured pseudo-
parks of Vandeman City.

Bruce
Old May 11th 10, 07:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

"Bruce Jensen" wrote in message
On May 11, 9:55 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Don't be absurd. We only want bikers off of hiking trails.

Ed, why do you think so many of us are wrong in our assessment that

Mike wants ALL humans off hiking trails and out of the wilderness?
Does it not occur to you that *something* he has said has given us ALL
that impression? We are not all imagining it, I guarantee you that.

ALL of you love to debate a Don Quixote on non-issues. The world is going to
hell because of overpopulation. Let us at least preserve some precious
wilderness areas where we can get a glimmer of what the earth must have been
like before we humans completely ****ed it up.

He wants YOU out of the wilderness. Stick with him, and YOU will

never see another natural leaf, another wild animal, another mountain
stream or forest glade...just the dirty pavement and manicured pseudo-
parks of Vandeman City.

Mr. Vandeman loves wilderness just like I do. That is because he is a hiker,
not a biker. I love to bike too, but NOT in a wilderness.

You people who oppose Mr. Vandeman beggar the imagination. It seems that you
do not like cyclists doing their thing (fun and games) on hiking trails
either. Why not get behind him and take on the real enemy - mountain bikers
who think they have a right to hiking trails.

The fact remains that Mr. Vandeman is on the side of the angels and mountain
bikers who want to ride their bikes on hiking trails are evil through and
through. May the Devil take them!

Old May 11th 10, 07:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Mike does not care about the mixing of walkers and riders. He only cares
that humans are bad. They are always bad. They are never good, they are
only less bad sometimes.

Don't be absurd. We only want bikers off of hiking trails.

Mike wants all wilderness closed to all human entry.

Just because you do not understand this does not mean it's absurd.

I disagree with you on many levels, but you hanging your hat on Vandeman as
an ally is a mistake on your part.

Make your own argument that walkers and riders should live in entirely
separate universes if you must, but do not hitch your wagon to Vandeman, or
you'll find that the only wilderness experience is through a window at the
Natural History Museum.

Old May 11th 10, 07:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

[...]

JS
Exactly.

Argue bikes on trails shared with hikers is a bad thing if you must, but
don't pretend that Vandeman is an ally to you because he wants all of us to
enjoy the wliderness on TV, or at the museum.

/js