Article about Cycling under "Fashion" in Local Rag

Old November 13th 08, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
AdamB

Default Article about Cycling under "Fashion" in Local Rag

An interesting article appeared in the "fashion" section of the
Northern Echo about encouraging cycling - particularly aimed at
teenage girls. It would appear that a film is being shot in Darlington
aimed at encouraging new cyclists onto the roads. I found this to be
an interesting approach to encouraging cyclists back on the roads.

See http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/vid...al/60150/read/ for
the article plus video link. In case anyone is wondering about
pavement riding apparently shown on the video - I think it's all been
shot in the Pedestrian/Cycling only area of the town centre where it's
perfectly legal.

Adam
Old November 13th 08, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:48:10 -0800 (PST) someone who may be AdamB
wrote this:-

An interesting article appeared in the "fashion" section of the
Northern Echo about encouraging cycling - particularly aimed at
teenage girls. It would appear that a film is being shot in Darlington
aimed at encouraging new cyclists onto the roads. I found this to be
an interesting approach to encouraging cyclists back on the roads.

http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com is a celebration of women and
older girls on bikes.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old November 13th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 13 Nov, 15:10, David Hansen wrote:
http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com is a celebration of women and
older girls on bikes.

Inspirational. Makes me think I should take it a bit easier on the
regular commute and just take time to look around more. I wonder how
much longer it'd actually take me if I didn't dash from red light to
red light as fast as possible?
Old November 13th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:31:59 -0800 (PST) someone who may be POHB
wrote this:-

On 13 Nov, 15:10, David Hansen wrote:
http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com is a celebration of women and
older girls on bikes.

Inspirational. Makes me think I should take it a bit easier on the
regular commute and just take time to look around more. I wonder how
much longer it'd actually take me if I didn't dash from red light to
red light as fast as possible?

Probably not much. You might also have time to notice women on their
bikes and flirt mildly with them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh