One Easy To Treat Health Concern of Cyclists

Old December 1st 11, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Default One Easy To Treat Health Concern of Cyclists

Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Old December 1st 11, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 1, 4:39*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. *Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. *Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. *Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.
Try adding sea salt to your water bottle if you want a magic
ingredient.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 1st 11, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:58:45 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Dec 1, 4:39*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. *Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. *Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. *Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.

I'd have placed Hull at least 300 miles from Dover, but you are spot
on.

Using the main McDonalds in each town (as the cultural centre), I have
used Google Maps to measure the direct line distance at 193.98 miles.
http://g.co/maps/wvns9

Old December 1st 11, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Dec 1, 4:39*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore.

Apparently not so difficult when the blood and tissue is correctly
balanced with magnesium. With sufficient magnesium there is no
deposition of calcium in soft tissue and so it remains available for
re-uptake in the bones. Magnesium is thought of as the antagonist to
calcium as regards to muscle function. There is some opposition to
these views as taken to conclusion it upsets the established treatment
for osteoporosis.

It males sense when you consider many cyclists (and distance runners)
will suffer fractures from relatively minor falls, will become
osteoporotic and will develop arthritis.

I've only scratched the surface and will probably be looking much
deeper into this as information becomes available.

It's the use of artificial fertiliser which has allowed the depletion
of magnesium from the land. It is in the sea and the regular use of
sea salt and eating sea foods will keep up the blood's magnesium
levels. One of the richest sources is kelp but the most effective
absorption route is through the skin as supplementation taken orally
to effect will produce loose bowels. Apparently oils are available
for dermal application but bathing in sea-salted water should be as
effective. The palms, soles and neck appear most receptive to salt-
water treatment for me. A severely stiffened and painful neck has
responded to wearing a cotton scarf soaked in salted water.

*Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. *Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. *Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

If it's not already in your tap water with a healthy dose of
magnesium, buy mineral water but don't boil it for your drinks as it's
only going to pass through your liver if it is in solution. .

Old December 1st 11, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 01/12/2011 16:58, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 1, 4:39 pm, Bret wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.

The ****wit means White Cliffs....

"There'll be blue birds over. The white cliffs of Dover".

University
Old December 1st 11, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. *Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. *Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. *Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.
Try adding sea salt to your water bottle if you want a magic
ingredient.

I sip sea water when in the ocean. I got the idea from the Bounty
trilogy.

Where I started surfing the city water was foul tasting from chlorine
and sea water costs less than soft drinks. I could stay out pretty
much all day just on sea water, only coming in when cold or hungry.

It took awhile to break the habit when I switched to lap swimming in
chlorinated pools. Ingesting chlorine even from city water has been
associated with stomach cancer, though not at a really high rate. In
an all out sprint I revert to my [now bad] habit and end up drinking a
tbs or so of pool water.

A few years ago I cycled down a isolated beach, ran out of fresh water
and filled my water bottle with sea water. It was better than
nothing. In fact it was better than a brackish well in the dunes.

Bret Cahill

Old December 1st 11, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

On Dec 1, 4:39 pm, Bret wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.

The ****wit means White Cliffs....

"There'll be blue birds over. The white cliffs of Dover".

and I believe there's seven of them (hills) know as the seven sisters

Old December 2nd 11, 04:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
On Dec 1, 4:39 pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore. Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

Bret Cahill

Our water is full of the stuff as we live on the same chalk hill
formation as the White Hills of Dover, except we are 200 miles north
of them.

I'd have placed Hull at least 300 miles from Dover, but you are spot
on.

Using the main McDonalds in each town (as the cultural centre), I have
used Google Maps to measure the direct line distance at 193.98 miles.http://g.co/maps/wvns9

Try adding sea salt to your water bottle if you want a magic
ingredient.- Hide quoted text -

It is 270 miles on the road, but 200 miles as the crow flies as you
say.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 2nd 11, 04:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 1, 7:37*pm, thirty-six wrote:

It's the use of artificial fertiliser which has allowed the depletion
of magnesium from the land. *It is in the sea and the regular use of
sea salt and eating sea foods will keep up the blood's magnesium
levels. *One of the richest sources is kelp but the most effective
absorption route is through the skin as supplementation taken orally
to effect will produce loose bowels.

I have just bought a book for Mrs M about cooking with seaweed. She
saw the fat hairy bikers show when one of the guys went to the beach
and wrapped some seaweed around a sea bass and cooked it up on a beach
fire. This inspired her to cook with seaweed so we are going to
Thornwick bay on Monday to find some.
--

Simon Mason
Old December 2nd 11, 04:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_2_]

Supposedly your muscles borrow calcium from your skeleton during
exercise and it is not quite as easy to restore.

Apparently not so difficult when the blood and tissue is correctly
balanced with magnesium.

They just recently started pushing Ca Mg supplements.

With sufficient magnesium there is no
deposition of calcium in soft tissue and so it remains available for
re-uptake in the bones.

Materials and microbiology are too complicated for me.

Magnesium is thought of as the antagonist to
calcium as regards to muscle function. *There is some opposition to
these views as taken to conclusion it upsets the established treatment
for osteoporosis.

Way too complicated.

It males sense when you consider many cyclists (and distance runners)
will suffer fractures from relatively minor falls, will become
osteoporotic and will develop arthritis.

After and during the hospital visit, make sure you eat 2X - 3X more or
you'll get hunger headaches.

I've only scratched the surface and will probably be looking much
deeper into this as information becomes available.

It's the use of artificial fertiliser which has allowed the depletion
of magnesium from the land.

How is _that_ possible?

It is in the sea and the regular use of
sea salt and eating sea foods will keep up the blood's magnesium
levels.

Mg supplements may be cheaper if less fun.

One of the richest sources is kelp but the most effective
absorption route is through the skin as supplementation taken orally
to effect will produce loose bowels. *Apparently oils are available
for dermal application but bathing in sea-salted water should be as
effective. *The palms, soles and neck appear most receptive to salt-
water treatment for me. *A severely stiffened and painful neck has
responded to wearing a cotton scarf soaked in salted water.

*Don't waste money on
over priced drinks. *Just take a cheap calcium supplement before every
ride. *Someone needs to find out if chalk would work.

If it's not already in your tap water with a healthy dose of
magnesium,

I'll try to get a good analysis of Co river water and report back.

buy mineral water but don't boil it for your drinks as it's
only going to pass through your liver if it is in solution. *.

I have Al pots & pans.

For tea, coffee, tomato sauces I use a stainless bowl inside, kind of
a low pressure double boiler.

Bret Cahill