Near Miss of the Day 455: Police act against close pass (police) driver, saying “a warning letter or a fixed penalty or a prosecution has been issued”

Old August 19th 20, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Near Miss of the Day 455: Police act against close pass (police) driver, saying “a warning letter or a fixed penalty or a prosecution has been issued”

On Monday, 17 August 2020 20:27:47 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 17/08/2020 19:27, wrote:
On Monday, 17 August 2020 at 15:35:00 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 17/08/2020 15:25, Simon Mason wrote:
Bloody hell - a cop car now!
QUOTE:
Police in Bristol have taken action against a motorist caught on camera making a close pass on a cyclist – with the offending driver being one of their own officers in a marked police car.

The footage was shot last Friday in Filton by road.cc reader Nick, who submitted it to Avon & Somerset Police.

The force has now told him that the report has been processed, saying: “Thank you for taking the time to upload your footage which has now been processed (a warning letter or a fixed penalty or a prosecution has been issued).”

They added: “Thank you for helping to keep our roads safe.”

Nick caught up with the car at a set of traffic lights following the close pass, and noted that “Their road positioning was pretty crap at the Advance Stop Line, they were almost blocking the cycle lane.”

He said that he decided against remonstrating with the driver because “I can’t see the occupants of the car accepting that they were in the wrong,” and “I would always fear that they would have taken the camera off me and denied all knowledge.

“Maybe I have seen too much television,” he added.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-mi...se-pass-276529
Why would "the occupants" of the car accept that "they" were in the wrong?

A maximum of one will have been driving (and that's even if the
allegations are true*).

It seems that road.cc's readers are nearly as illiterate as its staff.

[* Any progress on tracing the alleged legislative basis for this
legendary 1.5 metre clearance requirement you claim exists?]

The fact the victim was too afraid of the Police to question the driving should be of more concern.
Do you like living in a Police State?

Some people need to make their minds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfOAPlhTLQ

Ash Phillips. Arrested for not grovelling to a Police Officer and still in custody.

Every day, people here report that the police are now cracking down on
drivers and letting cyclists get away with murder.

Can you cite evidence to support this?

Alternatively, are Mason's favoured "snitch" cyclists just cowardly
bullies who are perfectly prepared to "dob in" those they believe to be
civilians (especially lone female civilians), but too craven to report
men in uniform?

"Become a Government Informer, fabulous prizes to be won", Red Dwarf- Back to Reality.

Old August 19th 20, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 17/08/2020 19:27, wrote:
[...]

It is fairly well-known that even where a minor offence is committed,
the transgressor may be let off with a warning if they adopt the right
attitude.

But fail the attitude test and that concession may well not be granted.

Sounds alright to me (for very minor matters).

Every day, people here report that the police are now cracking down on
drivers and letting cyclists get away with murder.

Can you cite evidence to support this?

Read Mason's recent c&p posts.

Alternatively, are Mason's favoured "snitch" cyclists just cowardly
bullies who are perfectly prepared to "dob in" those they believe to be
civilians (especially lone female civilians), but too craven to report
men in uniform?

"Become a Government Informer, fabulous prizes to be won", Red Dwarf- Back to Reality.

Only idiots who think they're "kewl" watch that tripe.
Old August 19th 20, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On 17/08/2020 19:27, wrote:
[...]

Thank you for proving my point.

Every day, people here report that the police are now cracking down on
drivers and letting cyclists get away with murder.

Can you cite evidence to support this?

Read Mason's recent c&p posts.

So no evidence.

Alternatively, are Mason's favoured "snitch" cyclists just cowardly
bullies who are perfectly prepared to "dob in" those they believe to be
civilians (especially lone female civilians), but too craven to report
men in uniform?

"Become a Government Informer, fabulous prizes to be won", Red Dwarf- Back to Reality.

Only idiots who think they're "kewl" watch that tripe.

Oh Dear, will the Nurses not let you watch Red Dwarf? What did you do now?