Bottom Bracket Cable Guide for Specialized Allez Elite A1

Old November 19th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
al77

Default Bottom Bracket Cable Guide for Specialized Allez Elite A1

Hello, Can anyone tell me what type of cable guide I need to fix under
the BB shell on a Specialized Allez Elite A1 frame I'm building up?
There is just one screw hole in the BB shell, where the only cable
guide pics I could find (of a Shimano SM-SP17-M) seem to take 2 screws.
Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Alan

Old November 19th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

al77 wrote:
Hello, Can anyone tell me what type of cable guide I need to fix under
the BB shell on a Specialized Allez Elite A1 frame I'm building up?
There is just one screw hole in the BB shell, where the only cable
guide pics I could find (of a Shimano SM-SP17-M) seem to take 2 screws.
Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Alan

I've only ever seen the Shimano ones mounted with just one screw. I
assumed the presence of the second hole was to give you an option to
pick the best position (in case a large weld is in the way, etc.).

As a matter of fact, now that I think if it, they've only ever come
packaged with one screw as well.

Old November 20th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
al77

Thanks but I ordered a Shaimno one this morning, are there any
differences between the Shimano & Campag cable guides?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
al77 wrote:
That's reassuring, you've saved me from searching needlessly for a
one-hole cable guide. I'll get one of the Shimano ones & see how it
fits, thanks again, alan

Or I can send you a Campagnolo one.....

Old November 22nd 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
al77

The shimano one loos like it will fit fine, all I have to do is find
the right size screw now...

Old November 24th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

al77 wrote:
The shimano one loos like it will fit fine, all I have to do is find
the right size screw now...

Have a bike shop tap it to the proper size, and also have them drill a
drain hole in the BB shell, to let out water. WHY most frame builders
don't do this is beyond me.

Old November 30th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
al77

Well I experiemented & found the right size screw - an M5 screw from a
spare downtube barrel adjuster that i had - it fits perfectly. thanks,
Alan