Another [tongue in cheek] helmet post

Old January 5th 06, 09:24 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Another [tongue in cheek] helmet post

Hello all,

I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
actually increases your chances of getting injured.

"Why's that?" you ask.

Well, it turns out that wearing a helmet actually makes people feel falsely
secure. And these people take more risks. And since they take more risks,
they're more likely to get a cycling injury.

Happy Helmetless Riding,
Cully
http://comatimes.blogspot.com/

Old January 6th 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Cully_J wrote:
Hello all,

I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
actually increases your chances of getting injured.

By the non-helmet crowd, no doubt!

"Why's that?" you ask.

How's that?

Well, it turns out that wearing a helmet actually makes people feel falsely
secure. And these people take more risks. And since they take more risks,
they're more likely to get a cycling injury.

Cycling doesn't injure people. Physics injure people.

Happy Helmetless Riding,
Cully
http://comatimes.blogspot.com/

I still feel guilty about it.

Old January 9th 06, 02:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

In article .com, NYC
XYZ ) wrote:

Cully_J wrote:
Hello all,

I've heard of research that come to the conclusion that wearing a helmet
actually increases your chances of getting injured.

By the non-helmet crowd, no doubt!

"Why's that?" you ask.

How's that?

It's called "Risk compensation" and there is a wealth of information
about it upon any nearby Internet.

We had that Maurits C. Escher in to do some building work once. I
haven't been able to leave the house since.