Trikes for winter

Old November 26th 08, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default Trikes for winter

Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
SMS aka Steven M. Scharf wrote:
wrote:

Bicycling has been infested by a conformity similar to that of autos
(aka trucks and SUV's).
There are still ample opportunities to not conform. Alas, the price of
non-conformity is often a lot higher now than in the past.
[...]

Recumbent bicycles are not that expensive!

Now Tom, I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about those in
polite company?

/me looks around

Errrr, never mind, carry on.

Indeed!

Any recommendations for a tadpole trike? I'm getting tired of banging
my hips during icy winter days.

USian made, and reasonably priced: http://www.catrike.com/.

High performance, good handling but still corrosion resistant:
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/.

Rear suspension is nice, since it is hard to avoid potholes with all
three wheel tracks, and this one is also corrosion resistant:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/modellen/5.html?Itemid=27.

Laugh at the cold rain: http://leitra.dk/news.php.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 26th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
[...]
USian made, and reasonably priced: http://www.catrike.com/.

Ugh! I go to the Catrike website and the first thing I see is a picture of
old Larry Varney linked to his review on BROL. Why hasn't that old Kentucky
coot croaked by now? Anyone who bases a decision on a review of his has got
to be nuts. Larry Varney couldn't think his way out of a paper bag. I see he
still has his Santa Claus beard. What an ugly freak he is!

High performance, good handling but still corrosion resistant:
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/.

You bet, just take all your money out of the bank and give it to these
assholes.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 26th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dane Buson

Tom Sherman wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

Recumbent bicycles are not that expensive!

Now Tom, I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about those in
polite company?

/me looks around

Errrr, never mind, carry on.

Indeed!

Any recommendations for a tadpole trike? I'm getting tired of banging
my hips during icy winter days.

USian made, and reasonably priced: http://www.catrike.com/.

Possible, but since I'd only rarely be riding it, still too much cash.
Admittedly I knew that before I even asked the question. I guess it's
time to pick up some Atomic Zombie books.

High performance, good handling but still corrosion resistant:
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/.

Hmm, did I mention I want a trike, not to establish an annuity for their
grandchildren?

Rear suspension is nice, since it is hard to avoid potholes with all
three wheel tracks, and this one is also corrosion resistant:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/modellen/5.html?Itemid=27.

Laugh at the cold rain: http://leitra.dk/news.php.

Which should be nicely balanced by the people laughing at you. I'm fine
with a regular trike, but the enclosed ones turn the dork factor up to
11. Not to mention I cross multiple bridges with *high* winds at times.

--
Dane Buson -
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
Old November 29th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

Recumbent bicycles are not that expensive!
Now Tom, I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about those in
polite company?

/me looks around

Errrr, never mind, carry on.

Indeed!

Any recommendations for a tadpole trike? I'm getting tired of banging
my hips during icy winter days.

USian made, and reasonably priced: http://www.catrike.com/.

Possible, but since I'd only rarely be riding it, still too much cash.
Admittedly I knew that before I even asked the question. I guess it's
time to pick up some Atomic Zombie books.

Economy of scale, not excess manufacturer profit is the culprit here.

High performance, good handling but still corrosion resistant:
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/.

Hmm, did I mention I want a trike, not to establish an annuity for their
grandchildren?

With the cost of sourcing all the special parts on the Windcheetah
"Speedy", I can state with great confidence that no one is getting rich.
Direct your accusations of greed to the financial sector instead.

Rear suspension is nice, since it is hard to avoid potholes with all
three wheel tracks, and this one is also corrosion resistant:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/modellen/5.html?Itemid=27.

Laugh at the cold rain: http://leitra.dk/news.php.

Which should be nicely balanced by the people laughing at you. I'm fine
with a regular trike, but the enclosed ones turn the dork factor up to
11. Not to mention I cross multiple bridges with *high* winds at times.

A Unix Bigot is concerned about the Dork Factor being too high???

Old December 1st 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dane Buson

Tom Sherman wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:

Recumbent bicycles are not that expensive!
Now Tom, I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about those in
polite company?

/me looks around

Errrr, never mind, carry on.

Indeed!

Any recommendations for a tadpole trike? I'm getting tired of banging
my hips during icy winter days.
USian made, and reasonably priced: http://www.catrike.com/.

Possible, but since I'd only rarely be riding it, still too much cash.
Admittedly I knew that before I even asked the question. I guess it's
time to pick up some Atomic Zombie books.

Economy of scale, not excess manufacturer profit is the culprit here.

Oh, I know, and as I mentioned I thought the catrike was pretty
reasonably priced for a recumbent.

High performance, good handling but still corrosion resistant:
http://www.windcheetah.co.uk/.

Hmm, did I mention I want a trike, not to establish an annuity for their
grandchildren?

With the cost of sourcing all the special parts on the Windcheetah
"Speedy", I can state with great confidence that no one is getting rich.
Direct your accusations of greed to the financial sector instead.

Well yes, noone gets into bicycles to get rich. Well, at least noone
sane.

Rear suspension is nice, since it is hard to avoid potholes with all
three wheel tracks, and this one is also corrosion resistant:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/main/en/modellen/5.html?Itemid=27.

Laugh at the cold rain: http://leitra.dk/news.php.

Which should be nicely balanced by the people laughing at you. I'm fine
with a regular trike, but the enclosed ones turn the dork factor up to
11. Not to mention I cross multiple bridges with *high* winds at times.

A Unix Bigot is concerned about the Dork Factor being too high???

Touché.

--
Dane Buson -
A computer without a Microsoft Operating system

Trikes Mike Fox Recumbent Biking 4 June 28th 07 01:17 AM
FA: Winter shoes, winter tights, Serfas saddle John Verheul Marketplace 0 January 4th 06 05:02 PM
KMX Trikes? Trailgalore Recumbent Biking 1 April 2nd 05 07:59 PM
Two new trikes Sticker Jim Recumbent Biking 3 June 5th 04 11:40 AM
Legal Requirements for Braking systems on Trikes/Recumbent Trikes Russ UK 4 March 9th 04 09:01 AM