Victim of compulsive bike disorder!

Old June 28th 04, 09:50 AM
nobody760

Default Victim of compulsive bike disorder!

I became sixty on November the 1st of last year and on reaching this
illustrious age I applied for and got my free bus pass.

So some eight months later I have yet to use it. The reason is that I am a
victim compulsive bike disorder - despite all the entreaties of my 'logical
senses' I continue to travel by bike - everywhere.

Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two wheels
for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

PS - At last, at last I will get to see the Tour this year as it is in the
Pyrenees when I am!

Old June 28th 04, 10:07 AM
Graeme

"nobody760" wrote in
:

Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two
wheels for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

Sorry, it sounds like a terminal case. You'll be stuck with it for decades
:-)

Graeme
Old June 28th 04, 10:10 AM
David Martin

On 28/6/04 9:50 am, in article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two wheels
for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

Yes. Eventually you will lose your sense of balance and will then have to

... buy a trike

...d

Old June 28th 04, 11:52 AM
Jeremy Parker

"nobody760" wrote in message
I became sixty on November the 1st of last year and on reaching

this
illustrious age I applied for and got my free bus pass.

So some eight months later I have yet to use it.

The London bus pass is great, because it's also a train pass, and a
tube pass. It even gives a discount on river boats. Actually, the
boats don't take bikes, alsthough I suspect you could come to some
arrangement with the crew.

The train territory goes out further than zone six sometimes, too.
It goes way into the Chilterns in the west, and to Gravesend in the
east. I live near the last zone six station in the North of London,
but now I can jump on Thameslink, for free, and explore Surrey and
such as well.

Jeremy Parker

Old June 28th 04, 06:23 PM
Peter B

"nobody760" wrote in message
I became sixty on November the 1st of last year and on reaching this
illustrious age I applied for and got my free bus pass.

So some eight months later I have yet to use it. The reason is that I am a
victim compulsive bike disorder - despite all the entreaties of my

'logical
senses' I continue to travel by bike - everywhere.

Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two wheels
for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

Doomed Sir! Doomed!
Doomed to spend the rest of your hopefully long life not standing in a
bl**dy bus shelter peering expectantly down the road so you can eventually
attempt to sit next to an oversize person listening to a Walkperson.

Pete

Old June 28th 04, 09:06 PM
Paulmouk

"Peter B" wrote in message

"nobody760" wrote in message
.

Doomed Sir! Doomed!
Doomed to spend the rest of your hopefully long life not standing in a
bl**dy bus shelter peering expectantly down the road so you can eventually
attempt to sit next to an oversize person listening to a Walkperson.

Pete

Speaking from observation only (I haven't used a bus for twenty years);
buses arrive sooner and more frequently if the passengers waiting at the
stop stand well out into the road and peer hopefully.

Paul

Old June 29th 04, 01:05 AM
Mark Thompson

The London bus pass is great, because it's also a train pass, and a
tube pass. It even gives a discount on river boats. Actually, the
boats don't take bikes, alsthough I suspect you could come to some
arrangement with the crew.

The train territory goes out further than zone six sometimes, too.
It goes way into the Chilterns in the west, and to Gravesend in the
east. I live near the last zone six station in the North of London,
but now I can jump on Thameslink, for free, and explore Surrey and
such as well.

And people moan about students?

Bloody freeloading pensioners. grrr.
Old June 29th 04, 10:05 AM
Dave Larrington

Paulmouk wrote:

Speaking from observation only (I haven't used a bus for twenty
years); buses arrive sooner and more frequently if the passengers
waiting at the stop stand well out into the road and peer hopefully.

You are so right. If I had a quid for every time the same overweight
schoolgirl jumped out in front of me at the bottom of Stamford Hill in order
to make the bus arrive with more despatch, I'd be able to commute by
gold-plated helichopter.

And then I wouldn't.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old June 29th 04, 11:14 AM
Aloysius

"nobody760" wrote in message ...

So some eight months later I have yet to use it. The reason is that I am a
victim compulsive bike disorder - despite all the entreaties of my 'logical
senses' I continue to travel by bike - everywhere.

Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two wheels
for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

I'm afraid that a glance in the CTC mag will confirm that you are
likely to suffer this affliction well into your 90s.

So you'd better enjoy it...

All the best,

Al
Old June 30th 04, 12:15 AM
taywood

Aloysius wrote:
"nobody760" wrote in message

So some eight months later I have yet to use it. The reason is that
I am a victim compulsive bike disorder - despite all the entreaties
of my 'logical senses' I continue to travel by bike - everywhere.
Is there a cure for this irrational behaviour or am I doomed to two
wheels for the rest of my (hopefully long) journey of life?

I'm afraid that a glance in the CTC mag will confirm that you are
likely to suffer this affliction well into your 90s.

Does that same affliction extend to looking through shop windows
at the nice shiny metal components on display inside?