Who makes a strong seat post?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 1st 03, 03:09 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Who makes a strong seat post?

Over the weekend we bought my wife a Giant NRS1, that came fitted with a
Titec x-wing seatpost. The past models all had a pathetically
underdesigned clamp that broke. Often.

Now they've addressed the clamp, but in doing so have introduced the
need to have a 5mm allen key AND a 15mm open end wrench just to adjust
the stupid thing.

My X-Wing was okay - I replaced the clamp with the new one and it works
fine. What do you need an open wrench for???

The new clamp design is really for people who couldn't notice that the round
washer wasn't actually round. Not paying attention, kinda brain-dead, etc.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training