Dakota Ridge Trail [ratings are severe] - Denver, Colorado

Old November 29th 05, 08:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

Default Dakota Ridge Trail [ratings are severe] - Denver, Colorado

C'mon you martial-artists, you think you got what it takes, come to
Denver and ride Dakota Ridge Trail. I did it - the hard way (south to
north), and had to walk 50% of the way. If your balance & timing is
superbly developed as you have yourself convinced, this trail is the
test. Personally, the rating where one guy says "I have decided I like
falling on this trail better than Apex, this trail has caused me severe
blood loss", says it all. I think most of you self-claimed martial-arts
masters wouldn't last seconds on this trail, and your balance is quite
lacking. This also is directed at WTF/USTU Korean Tiger level fighters
& exhibitionists.
http://www.trailcentral.com/trail/tr....php?trail=102

RE wrote: Trail Rating: 3 September 16, 2005
I've only been riding for a few months and found out the hard way how
difficult this trail was. Its bad enough for me the elevation. Combine
that with hikers and experienced riders equals son of a B. But I'll get
my practice 5am everyday on green mtn. One day I will beat Dakota
Ridge!!

Nasy wrote: Trail Rating: 4 September 08, 2005
Take the black dimond rating seriously! i started halucinating at the
top of Dakota Ridge. Its not your mama's climb, but the downhill
reminds me of why i moved to Colorado. the north to south (dakota to
red rocks) route does get easier at red rocks, but pace yourself
because theres plenty of uphill still to come. Great ride but be ready
to carry your bike uphill a bit. Great views and some kick-ass downhill
sections. If you're confident on a bike its sick. P.S. i didnt bring my
hardtail (bad idea)

Lopezinthebasement wrote: Trail Rating: 4 June 06, 2005
I have decided that I like falling on this trail better than falling on
Apex. Even though I crush my weak friends with superior lung capacity
due to extensive training, this trail has caused me blood loss.

no_tracks wrote: Trail Rating: 4 October 23, 2003
Dakota Ridge KICKS ASS. It's one of the most technical trails I've been
on. Rode from north to south. A few sections were so difficult that I
had to push my bike (especially that short, steep uphill right after
zoro trail). I loved the boulders!!! I'll be back there very soon. Red
Rocks trail is good as well, though not as much fun as Dakota Ridge.
It's an excellent loop. One remark , though, Dakota Ridge is
definetelly not a blue diamond - it's a real diamond if not more!!! I
do not recommend it to novices. Intermediates can try it just to get a
feel of this type of riding (they should be prepared to carry their
bike half the way).

CRS wrote: Trail Rating: 3 October 22, 2003
10 Years ago, this trail much easier than now on top of the hogback.
Most of the rock was covered with dirt. Lots of trail use has worn most
of this dirt anyway and it's gotten very technical. (still fun, but
scary in places). It should be rated with a black diamond.

MeMrS wrote: Trail Rating: 4 June 02, 2003
Holy Cr*p! Dakota Ridge has some serious terrain! I'm a beginner. I
sucked it up. And I loved it. Some of the rocks & steps seem unridable,
but my friend tells me that people can ride the whole way. THAT I would
like to see.

EXTREMEPLEZ wrote: Trail Rating: 4 April 26, 2003
I HAVE BEEN RIDING FOR ABOUT SIX YEARS ON TOP RATED DOWNHILL TRAILS,
THIS TRAIL IS THE MOST CHALENGING TRAIL THAT I HAVE EVER DONE.

Crash wrote: Trail Rating: 4 May 27, 2003
First let me state that I am a beginner. Before this ride I have only
put 140 miles on my mountain bike and only on fairly easy mountains
(lair o' the bear and green mountain). Before my attempt at matthews
winters I have only riden in my clipless one time. In addition, by the
time we reached the top of dakota ridge it began to rain. For those who
are familiar with the trail you know that the combination of a new
rider, in clipless pedals, on matthews winters, in the rain definitely
spells disaster. And it did. A word of caution to new clipless riders:
when your shoes get muddy it is not easy to get out of the clips. I had
to have fallen on my a** at least a dozen times. I have bumps, bruises,
scrapes, and cuts to verify every fall taken. But the absolute insane
thing is ..... I can't wait to go again.

marc_134 wrote: Trail Rating: 4 August 05, 2002
Dakota Ridge kicked my ass, but I will train on easier stuff, and I
shall return.

Nick wrote: Trail Rating: 4 June 30, 2002
This trail kicked my ***. Beware to any beginnners out there. Dakota
Ridge will kick your *** with its steps and hard climbs through trail
where you can't tell where the trail is. Morrison Slide and Red Rocks
trail are a good time, although we had to hike a ways through the
switchbacks heading up through the red rocks.

Old November 29th 05, 08:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

wrote:
[...]

wow... I feel all challenged and stuff... it's like someone kicked sand
in my face and I'm at the pre-pubescent stage where ego is all.. I'm
booking a ticket right now...

P.
Old November 29th 05, 08:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

A badger in the hand is worth two in the bush.. wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Brag to him about how great Chas is. That should show him.

Old November 29th 05, 08:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

wrote:
[...]

What time do you want to meet at the trailhead, I want to be there to
film you as the first one to fall victim to this trail, and watch your
ego drown a well deserved death?

Old November 29th 05, 08:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

wrote:
[...]

Chas likely has been there and will agree with everything said in this
post.

Old November 29th 05, 09:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

wow... I feel all challenged and stuff... it's like someone kicked sand
in my face and I'm at the pre-pubescent stage where ego is all.. I'm
booking a ticket right now...

P.

Are you brave enough to fight GiChoke?

Old November 29th 05, 09:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

LIBERATOR wrote:
wow... I feel all challenged and stuff... it's like someone kicked sand
in my face and I'm at the pre-pubescent stage where ego is all.. I'm
booking a ticket right now...

P.

Are you brave enough to fight GiChoke?

Libby, don't you know GiChoke uses magic and stuff to win? *nobody*
fights GiChoke...

P.
Old November 29th 05, 09:19 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts

wrote:
LIBERATOR wrote:
wow... I feel all challenged and stuff... it's like someone kicked sand
in my face and I'm at the pre-pubescent stage where ego is all.. I'm
booking a ticket right now...

P.

Are you brave enough to fight GiChoke?

Libby, don't you know GiChoke uses magic and stuff to win? *nobody*
fights GiChoke...

P.

If you want to play with the insane troll, please be kind enough to
remove the crossposting.

--
OK

Old November 29th 05, 09:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.martial-arts,alt.music.rush

LIBERATOR wrote:
wow... I feel all challenged and stuff... it's like someone kicked sand
in my face and I'm at the pre-pubescent stage where ego is all.. I'm
booking a ticket right now...

P.

Are you brave enough to fight GiChoke?

Libby, don't you know GiChoke uses magic and stuff to win? *nobody*
fights GiChoke...

P.

LMAO, you walked him right into humiliation. You mean like when he used
magick to get kicked in the head and consequently his head swelled up
with that big knot on it? LOL, you remember that?

Troy's Excellent D.C. to Pittsburgh NBG Adventure Cycle America General 0 May 24th 05 11:04 PM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 2 December 10th 04 03:05 AM
Katy Trail,RR TBGibb Rides 0 December 10th 04 01:30 AM
Uwharrie Trail Care Day May 15 Central NC Tommy Taylor Mountain Biking 1 April 28th 04 06:33 PM
RR Guelph Hiking Trail - Very Long Robert Schultz Mountain Biking 0 July 21st 03 05:12 AM