Delaware State Bicycle Routes

Old May 22nd 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Dave Rusin

Default Delaware State Bicycle Routes

On a recent bike trip into Delaware I noticed some signage indicating
state-anointed bicycle routes along roads (e.g. State Road 15).
I was unable to find a map online indicating where these roads go.
Could anyone help out?

I was not very successful trying to chart my own way through northern
Delaware; lots of traffic everywhere, standing between me (Philadelphia)
and mid-state Delaware.

dave
Old May 23rd 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Bill Cotton

"Dave Rusin" wrote in message
On a recent bike trip into Delaware I noticed some signage indicating
state-anointed bicycle routes along roads (e.g. State Road 15).
I was unable to find a map online indicating where these roads go.
Could anyone help out?

I was not very successful trying to chart my own way through northern
Delaware; lots of traffic everywhere, standing between me (Philadelphia)
and mid-state Delaware.

dave

Delaware "Bike Route1" Runs from Route 100 at the Delaware/Pennsylvania
state line to Ocean City Maryland. My web page has the cue
http://www.billcotton.com/delaware1.htm with a link to Deldot that has maps
and other information.
Pennsylvania has a network of bike routes also and the BikePa "L" route link
with Delaware "Bike Route1" at the same state line point. However, PA Route
100 signs from that point to north of Westchester PA was removed, long
story. But "L" signs parallels Rt. 100 to north of Allentown PA. pass the
Veledrome in Trexlertown PA. http://www.billcotton.com/bicyclepaL.htm

--
www.billcotton.com

Old May 30th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
bdbafh

On May 22, 3:51 pm, (Dave Rusin) wrote:
On a recent bike trip into Delaware I noticed some signage indicating
state-anointed bicycle routes along roads (e.g. State Road 15).
I was unable to find a map online indicating where these roads go.
Could anyone help out?

I was not very successful trying to chart my own way through northern
Delaware; lots of traffic everywhere, standing between me (Philadelphia)
and mid-state Delaware.

dave

hope these help:

Delaware Bicycle Council:
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...aps/maps.shtml

Delaware Bicycle Touring Map (New Castle County)
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...ps/NC_Info.pdf

Delaware Bicycle Touring Map (Kent & Sussex Counties)
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...maps/DEmap.pdf

Delaware Bicycle Touring Information
http://www.deldot.gov/information/co...s/dmapinfo.pdf

These should also provide links to Bike Clubs in DE that may have cue
sheets available.

-bdbafh