suspension seat post opinions

Old October 21st 03, 02:42 AM
bb

Default suspension seat post opinions

The wife and I have ordered a tandem.

What's the best suspension seat post for the stoker?

Thanks
Bob

Old October 21st 03, 03:44 AM
Jose Rizal

bb:

The wife and I have ordered a tandem.

What's the best suspension seat post for the stoker?

Parallel link type, methinks, such as the Thudbuster. There are coil
spring versions of this type as opposed to the elastomer spring for the
Thudbuster.
Old October 21st 03, 03:48 AM
Cathy Kearns

"bb" wrote in message
ink.net...
The wife and I have ordered a tandem.

What's the best suspension seat post for the stoker?

Thanks
Bob

I personally swear by the softride beam, but if you've ordered already it's
too late for that one...

Old October 21st 03, 03:16 PM
Robert Chambers

Can't answer your question directly, but you might want to consider a Koobi
PRS saddle instead. I live in an area with very rough tar and gravel roads
and I do quite high mileage on them. I got a Koobi about 5,000 miles ago
(this past Spring) and I've loved it. It really takes the edge off the
harshness of the road. It uses some suspension elastomers built into the
seat rail system. They work quite well. There are several different
elastomers provided for different levels of cushion.

FWIW,

Bob C.
ink.net...

Old October 21st 03, 03:16 PM
Robert Chambers

"bb" wrote in message
ink.net...
The wife and I have ordered a tandem.

What's the best suspension seat post for the stoker?

Thanks
Bob

Sorry, forgot this: www.koobi.com

Bob C.