Blur VS Spider

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th 03, 05:29 PM
gregg

Default Blur VS Spider

Jd wrote:
"JD" wrote in message news:bff73eaa.0306100755.3f9-
-
gle.com...
Blur VS Spider "mtbchip" wrote in message news:-
%mt ...
Any insight to share?

Looking at a newer XC bike, these two pop up as potentials.

Discuss:

Thanks, mtbchip

July Mountain Bike Action has a stable platform comparison where
both bikes are rated. As I doubt anyone posting here has ever
seen a Spider, much less ridden one, that may be a good starting
point.

Yeah, the ragazines know it all and there is no bias even if the
bikes are advertised heavily in their rags. Get real.

JD

You mean like last year when Mountain Bike stood by its review of a
SID as being a poor performer and lost Rockshox's advertising because
of it???

That's really funny, especially since the RockSux Sad has been well
known as a piece of **** for many years now. Big deal, some rag
*finally* admitted it and you were stupid enough to buy it to see that.
Thanks for proving your own naivete.
JD

The Truth So, This is the real deal. I know some of the mags do that...
What I can tell you is BIKE mag DOES NOT! I know those guys and would
have thought that to be the standard. I think it reflects in the size of
the mag... some things do suck and are dumped on us as paying beta
testers. Slam em.

As for the Spyder, Jeff at Intense provided Spiders for us to race on in
a 24hr race. We raced for Shimano and did compairisons to our bikes
which were all current $5K + bikes. I am on my 44th mtn. bike and by far
this bike is the best to date! Easy setup and NO bob.

I ride a custom H.T. and cant wait till my Spider arives. As allways,
it's up to you - not worth going round and round about. this is the new
era. It is what is.

I got my wife a Blur and she loves it - both are killer bikes if you can
get one. As of this writing, both company's are super B/O on the VPP's.

Hope this helps. GB