A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Mountain biker rescued from ravine after spill in San Rafael

Old June 24th 12, 04:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Mountain biker rescued from ravine after spill in San Rafael

I wonder why the Marin Independent Journal doesn't want to tell the truth: she is a mountain biker, not a "bicyclist". I guess they don't want to give mountain bikers a bad name. I have been reading their posts for about 18 years, and they NEVER talk about the danger of mountain biking! I guess if they told the truth, parents wouldn't let their kids mountain bike.

Mike

http://www.marinij.com/sanrafael/ci_...ill-san-rafael

Bicyclist rescued from ravine after spill in San Rafael

By Gary Klien
Marin Independent Journal marinij.com
Posted: 06/18/2012 05:31:57 PM PDT

A woman bicycling with her husband was injured Monday after falling about 75 feet into a ravine in San Rafael, fire officials said.

The incident occurred at about 2:50 p.m. on a trail near the Back Ranch Meadows Campground in China Camp State Park, said San Rafael fire Chief Chris Gray.

Firefighters called for a California Highway Patrol helicopter, which lifted the patient from the ravine and took her to an ambulance waiting on flat ground.

San Rafael fire Battalion Chief Jeffrey Buscher described the woman's injuries as minor to moderate. She was taken to Marin General Hospital for treatment.
Ads