Avanti bikes.

Old October 12th 04, 04:11 AM
Bob Byrne

Default Avanti bikes.

HughMann wrote:

Bought an Avanti Blade Elite 3 weeks ago.
http://www.avantibikes.com/bikes_detail.asp?id=171&t=4
No other bike in the price range ($1600) has the level of quality
equipment, ......

Very nice. Mine was ~$1100 but it has'nt got all Shimano.
The front shocks and brakes are RST.

--
Regards, Bob

Old October 16th 04, 12:49 PM
Pipba

I have to say that I have always found Avanti bikes to be a good buy
considering the cost in comparison to other bikes of similar quality
Sure I'm not a super serious cyclist, and am not super technica
either, but I have had four Avanti bikes over the years (both road an
mountain bikes), and have never had a problem until the one I've got a
the moment. I took it back a month after I bought it for it's fre
service and it had a crack in the headset. Obviously not a good thing
and I was concerned that it happened so soon after I bought it. Bu
they upgraded the quality of the frame (without me even saying
thing), going from a Vivace to a Kona. Can't complain about that
Plus I am a Kiwi (typically living in Australia now... is there anyon
actually left in NZ?), and I like buying home grown stuff

--
Pipba

Old October 18th 04, 01:17 AM
byron27

Pipba Wrote:
Plus I am a Kiwi (typically living in Australia now... is there anyon
actually left in NZ?), and I like buying home grown stuff.

i thought avanti frames were made in taiwan?:rolleyes

--
byron27

Old October 18th 04, 01:31 PM
Andrew Morris

"byron27" wrote in message

Pipba Wrote:
Plus I am a Kiwi (typically living in Australia now... is there anyone
actually left in NZ?), and I like buying home grown stuff.

i thought avanti frames were made in taiwan?

they are... TW is the cheapest labour shore for this kind of construction
at the moment