Paul Hillbrick Frames

Old October 20th 04, 08:40 AM
Bob Chambers

Default Paul Hillbrick Frames

I'm contemplating the purchase of a Hillbrick Chrome Moly road bike frame.
Can any of the road bike Guru's comment on these?.

Old October 20th 04, 10:06 AM
geoffs

Bob Chambers Wrote:
I'm contemplating the purchase of a Hillbrick Chrome Moly road bik
frame.
Can any of the road bike Guru's comment on these?.

Not a guru but FWIW
I have seen a few of paul's steel frames in at Star Enamel to b
sprayed and they seem to be built ok.
However I did see an aluminium frame come back from being repaired a
hillbricks and the job was so bad that it had to be redone by someon
else.

I think Dave Short ? rides a hillbrick track bike and if it can stan
up to his leg power ( Silver @ the world masters) thats not to bad.

The guy that does the best work is John Bosevski at Taren Point but h
is expensive and there's a wait.

Cheers
Geof

--
geoffs

Old October 20th 04, 11:53 AM
NickZX6R

Bob Chambers wrote:
I'm contemplating the purchase of a Hillbrick Chrome Moly road bike frame.
Can any of the road bike Guru's comment on these?.

I spoke to him on the phone once. It wasn't a long conversation
because he got a bit miffed when I asked him to estimate price
for a custom frame.

Seems that was enough for him to think I was implying he was too
expensive. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

--
Nick

Ribble frames - opinions darrenf UK 1 November 12th 04 07:33 PM
stock vs. custom frames Mark Heiple Techniques 46 July 4th 04 06:13 AM
Paul Vincent hit Tony Raven UK 7 November 24th 03 12:38 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Economics of Custom Frame Building in non Ferrous Materials AndyMorris Techniques 29 August 29th 03 02:23 PM