Rolls saddle?

Old March 23rd 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Rolls saddle?

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my bum
as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these know
of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Old March 23rd 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
cal

On 23 Mar 2007 01:13:01 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my bum
as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these know
of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Joseph,
How about the Rolls itself?

www.excelsports.com

cal

Old March 23rd 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Mar 23, 2:13 am, "
wrote:
Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my bum
as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these know
of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Still made and available...$74...we have 'em...ti rails. Regal as
well....SSM continues to make them.

Old March 23rd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 23, 3:13 am, "
wrote:
Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my bum
as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these know
of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

As already mentioned...how'sabout a...Rolls!

Here's the steel rail version for a mere $47:
http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...=270&brand=224

Really fantastic saddle. I'd have one on my main sporting bike if
hadn't found an equally comfy NOS Unicanitor clone last year.

They're really not that uncommon, the Rolls I mean, despite their
vintage. A UK buddy bought a Ribble last year, and a Rolls came stock.
He adores it.

Old March 23rd 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

cal wrote:
On 23 Mar 2007 01:13:01 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my
bum as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these
know of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Joseph,
How about the Rolls itself?

www.excelsports.com

$50 for Mich Race 2s? No freaking way.

Bill "just me or do all those prices look high?" S.

Old March 23rd 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mar 23, 1:25 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:
On Mar 23, 2:13 am, "

wrote:
Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my bum
as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these know
of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Still made and available...$74...we have 'em...ti rails. Regal as
well....SSM continues to make them.

I just scored a nice NOS blue one on eBay. Blue matches my bike! An
although it is a known fact that red bikes are faster, I like blue.

If I really like this saddle as much as I think I do, I'll have to get
some more for my other bikes. What colors do you have, and do they
have the gold trim, or silver?

Joseph

Old March 23rd 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Mar 23, 10:01 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
cal wrote:
On 23 Mar 2007 01:13:01 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to a spinning session, and the bike I got had an old
Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. This saddle fit me like they used my
bum as a mold at the factory. Does anyone who has used one of these
know of a modern (available) saddle with the same shape and feel?

Thanks!

Joseph

Joseph,
How about the Rolls itself?

www.excelsports.com

$50 for Mich Race 2s? No freaking way.

Bill "just me or do all those prices look high?" S.- Hide quoted text -

IMO, those "Ceramic Upgrades" featured on the 'front page' tell you
all you need to know about this gang.

Old March 23rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

cal wrote:

www.excelsports.com

$50 for Mich Race 2s? No freaking way.

Bill "just me or do all those prices look high?" S.- Hide quoted text -

IMO, those "Ceramic Upgrades" featured on the 'front page' tell you
all you need to know about this gang.

What? That they're frickin' AWESOME?! (dude)

Old March 23rd 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

cal wrote:
www.excelsports.com

$50 for Mich Race 2s? No freaking way.

Bill "just me or do all those prices look high?" S.- Hide quoted text -

IMO, those "Ceramic Upgrades" featured on the 'front page' tell you
all you need to know about this gang.

What? That they're frickin' AWESOME?! (dude)

Ah! My favorite type of consumer.Can I interest you in this weeks
special: "Three for the price of Five"? Hurry, this offer is
limited!!! (dood)

Old March 23rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat

I just scored a nice NOS blue one on eBay. Blue matches my bike! An
although it is a known fact that red bikes are faster, I like blue.

If I really like this saddle as much as I think I do, I'll have to get
some more for my other bikes. What colors do you have, and do they
have the gold trim, or silver?

Joseph

Sigh. Here we go again. It's yellow. Yellow bikes are faster!