Question for the males

Old August 20th 04, 11:35 PM
tcmedara

Default Question for the males

Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been pushing for
since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at the moment, though
the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got back
on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

Old August 20th 04, 11:45 PM
pas

tcmedara wrote:
Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got
back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

take a icy six pack and the TV remote and park in front of the Olympics.
for the weeked and ask on Monday..

(you have to test clear, you know...)

Penny

Old August 21st 04, 12:10 AM
tcmedara

pas wrote:
tcmedara wrote:
Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got
back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

take a icy six pack and the TV remote and park in front of the
Olympics. for the weeked and ask on Monday..

(you have to test clear, you know...)

Penny

That's been the agenda for today. And I made sure to point out to the wife
the *medically mandated* requirement for 15, er, test shots before it's
official. I'll wait a few days to start that as well/

Tom

Old August 21st 04, 12:20 AM
gabrielle

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:35:58 -0400, tcmedara wrote:

Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been pushing for
since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at the moment, though
the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got back
on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

I've heard that bags of frozen peas are really handy as ice packs in this
situation. Sorry I don't have anything else to add.

Hope you heal quickly.

gabrielle
Old August 21st 04, 12:31 AM
tcmedara

gabrielle wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:35:58 -0400, tcmedara wrote:

Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you
got back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

I've heard that bags of frozen peas are really handy as ice packs in
this situation. Sorry I don't have anything else to add.

Hope you heal quickly.

gabrielle

I find it interesting that the first two responses have been from women!
Though I appreciate all the kind words. My lovely wife has been so kind as
to supply me with alternate choices of frozen okra and corn. Both seem to
work fairly well. My preference however has been for the okra simply
because it makes for a funnier joke: "Is that a bag of okra in your pants
or are you just happy to see me?"

Tom

Old August 21st 04, 12:45 AM
Sunastar

Another Tom sez:

[snip] :-7
For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got back
on the bike?

Take is easy there captain. You'll know when your big fellas are ready
to roll again. Don't do what I did and go to the grocery store on the
way home from the snippage because "they don't feel so bad."

Ice 'em down like a wheat beer on a summer day, but drink something
stouter. Frozen peas! Stay in bed or on the couch or whatever, you'd be
surprised how much you knock them puppies around just walking to the
fridge for another beer. Don't freak when they start looking like they
need to be buried, they're just showing you how unhappy they are at how
you've just treated them. Just marvel at the shades of purple your body
can produce. And most of all, don't post a report with pictures.

--
T o m Dillon
Lakewood, CO
Old August 21st 04, 12:51 AM
GeeDubb

tcmedara wrote:
Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got
back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

I guess I was lucky. I was back on the bike the very next day. I've heard
horror stories about swelling and pain, neither of which I experienced. A
little discomfort in the afternoon after surgery (if you want to call it
that) and I was good to go.

You still da man!

Gary

Old August 21st 04, 01:14 AM
pas

tcmedara wrote:
gabrielle wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:35:58 -0400, tcmedara wrote:

Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you
got back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

I've heard that bags of frozen peas are really handy as ice packs in
this situation. Sorry I don't have anything else to add.

Hope you heal quickly.

gabrielle

I find it interesting that the first two responses have been from
women! Though I appreciate all the kind words.

that's because we ( I ) are always happy to see a guy acknowleding his part
in the scheme of things, after what has typically been something the woman
has to deal with for
years and years. You won't regret it. It's a great thing to do when you are
"done" as compared to "they aren't going to TOUCH me with that knife...."

Penny

Old August 21st 04, 01:15 AM
scurry

tcmedara wrote:
gabrielle wrote:

[...]

"Its a bag of okra goddamnit, DON'T TOUCH ME!" Been there, done that.
Google the group for the details.
15 shots? Thought it was 10. Do get your TWO tests though.

Shawn
Old August 21st 04, 01:32 AM
Zilla

tcmedara wrote:
Just underwent a bit of elective surgery that my wife has been
pushing for since the birth of our youngest. Not feeling to bad at
the moment, though the boys are a bit tender. Don't see a lot of
riding in store this weekend!

For those of you who've had similar snippage, how long before you got
back on the bike?

Tom (not the man I used to be, I guess..)

At least 2 weeks. At 3 weeks I only rode on a smooth trail.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Training question Franck Mangin Racing 2 April 7th 04 05:50 AM
Question on use of Yakima BigHorn 4 Bike Rack trailer hitch. Easy question. Thanks, tryitoz Joe Donaldson General 4 March 14th 04 02:08 AM
Newbie USCF question Kurgan Gringioni Racing 39 September 15th 03 06:25 AM
Question for group Thomas Mairs Racing 18 July 25th 03 06:36 AM
Sorry, another stem question Techniques 1 July 10th 03 01:18 AM