FA: 50cm Fuso (Dave Moulton) FRX steel frameset

Old December 17th 04, 12:45 AM

Default FA: 50cm Fuso (Dave Moulton) FRX steel frameset

(Ends Dec-23-04 11:07:27 PST)

50cm Fuso FRX hand made by Dave Moulton

The frame is built from a blend of Columbus SL and SP tubing. (Larger
frames in this model used SLX and SPX, Moulton didn't use these on the
smaller frames because the extra reinforcing rifling in the "x" tubes
would just add unnecessary weight on smaller frames.)

The color is Midnight Blue, with royal blue decals.

There is a front derailleur braze-on mount, 2 bottle mounts, and top
tube r. brake cable guides.

The one blemish this frame has is that there is a small particle of
brazing material "floating" inside one of the fork blades. It does not
make any noticeable noise while riding, only when the frame is tilted
upside down. Dave Moulton offered to re-do the fork at the time of
delivery, but it would have been a month before he could get to it. So
on his advice I accepted delivery of the frameset. It never bothered
me, and I doubt you will ever notice it when riding. I felt that this
should be disclosed though.

There are also some fairly noticeable scratches and chips in the paint
from storage (mtb pedals ...), but aside from those the paint is in
very good condition. I'd think that it would be a fairly minor thing to
have a good paint shop touch up the scrapes. There are very few miles
on this frame, and it has never been in any crashes.

The frame includes a Mavic road headset (adjusts with a 2.5mm allen key
which I'll include.) and a Mavic sealed bearing bottom bracket.

I originally paid $925 for this frame in 1992. Minus $50 for accepting
the fork as is.

More details on this frame are available at:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/USA/Moult_D_main.htm

(Including a scan of the original product brochure for this frameset
which has all specs listed.)

- and -

http://www.prodigalchild.net/Bicycle2.htm

(Dave Moulton's own site, lots of background info.)
Thanks for looking!!!