Exercise Bike

Old January 8th 07, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave

Default Exercise Bike

I have had for a year or so now an old exercise bike that has been fine for
me after an uncomfortable start.

My wife however cannot come to terms with how uncomfortable the saddle is
and wants me to replace it with a real bike saddle similar to the one on her
bike.

I have tried to find a suitable seatpost that will fit but am having no
luck. Has any one got any idea where I can get a 22mm seatpost (preferably
mico adjust), that is quite long (ober 12 inch).

The nearest I have found is one from a unicycle that would need the top to
be cut off then an old fashioned seat fitting attaching - but if I do that I
may as well do it with the one I have.

Any ideas?

DaveB

Old January 8th 07, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

A BMX seatpost *may* be the correct size.

I think you can get micro adjust ones too.

Hope that helps,

Nick

Old January 8th 07, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

"Dave" writes:

I have had for a year or so now an old exercise bike that has been
fine for me after an uncomfortable start.

My wife however cannot come to terms with how uncomfortable the
saddle is and wants me to replace it with a real bike saddle similar
to the one on her bike.

Why not get a real bike saddle and just keep the real bike underneath
it?

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old January 9th 07, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave

"Chris Eilbeck" wrote in message
"Dave" writes:

I have had for a year or so now an old exercise bike that has been
fine for me after an uncomfortable start.

My wife however cannot come to terms with how uncomfortable the
saddle is and wants me to replace it with a real bike saddle similar
to the one on her bike.

Why not get a real bike saddle and just keep the real bike underneath
it?

Not certain I understood that; but assuming I have, the reason is at this
time of year we are "soft" and ride our bikes for our enjoyment rather than
being "cyclists" who ride in all weathers and in the dark.

So in order to keep fit and in the cycling type mood I ride the execise bike
at this time of year but my wife finds it too uncomfortable even with padded
shorts (her real bike is fine for upto 50 miles - the furthest she has
done), so wants me to sort it so she too can enjoy the exercise.

If you meant get a roller and use a real bike - that won't happen for where
I have to keep the execise bike so I can't keep a real bike and roller in
the bedroom.

DaveB

Old January 9th 07, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Dave wrote on 09/01/2007 08:58 +0100:

Not certain I understood that; but assuming I have, the reason is at this
time of year we are "soft" and ride our bikes for our enjoyment rather than
being "cyclists" who ride in all weathers and in the dark.

Turbo trainer? That way you can continue to use the bike you like
inside in the warm and you clearly are immune to the usual problem of
turbo trainers - terminal boredom after five minutes pedalling.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old January 9th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

"Dave" writes:

[...]

I meant it's much more fun outside even if it is raining and windy
than sitting inside going nowhere.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck