alternative "trick" unis?

Old February 24th 04, 05:27 PM
tortoise

Default alternative "trick" unis?

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a good unicycle I can learn tricks on. Obviously a
20" or something like that is in order, and I think I might get the
Semcycles XL. But I am wondering if other types of unis can serve well
for this and also serve other purposes.

Like munis, can I learn to wheel walk, ride backwards, etc etc as easily
on a muni as on a standard 20"? Living in West Virginia I'd love to get
a muni, but I'm not sure I can swing owning three unis at the moment.
Not to mention going muni ups the cost pretty significantly.

What about trial unicycles?

And what is the deal with the Semcycle XL 12" and 16"? That one seems
like the odd duckling.

All I own right now is a Coker. And I surely love riding it and all, but
it's just a little unweildy for playing around on.

Thanks,
Matt

--
tortoise
tortoise's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/929

Old February 24th 04, 05:37 PM
U-Turn

The Semcycle XL is a pretty darn good uni for learning those tricks.
Put a knobby 20" tire on it and you can start learning off-road. Get
the wider frame so there's room for the knobby.

Learning those tricks is harder on a MUni. I was trying to learn some
of them on my 26" MUni and finally got a 20", whcih helped a lot.

--
U-Turn - There has got to be a better way...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

'Unatics Website' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

-- Dave Stockton

Old February 24th 04, 07:47 PM
paco

One alternative would be the 'Torker Unistar DX'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=764). This one is
under the freestyle category, but has a splined hub, allows a 2.3"?
tire, and comes with a Kris Holm seat. I don't have one, but I've heard
that it would make a good freestyle/ trials hybrid.

--
paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

I'm having trouble thinking cognitively.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old February 25th 04, 12:15 AM
tortoise

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I saw so many nods for the Semcycle in
here that I went ahead and grabbed it. I got the long necked one. Can't
wait till it gets here, I bent my coker's crank today trying to go down
a flight of stairs And with that I think I've officially relegated
the coker to cruising only.

trick list thinuniking Unicycling 13 January 16th 04 04:42 PM
New Trick: The Wallbanger Dylan Wallinger Unicycling 9 November 25th 03 02:15 AM
chain cleaning trick Deep Floyd Mars General 8 September 8th 03 09:20 AM
U Brakes ,MTB, What is the trick to installing pads???? Robert Box Techniques 1 July 18th 03 01:42 PM