Bianchi "Chick Designed"

Old September 3rd 04, 10:05 PM
Lars Lehtonen

I wrote:
And it's a real pity that she tacks crap like that on the bikes.
The "your bike sucks" tag on last year's S.I.S.S. made me not like her
style, and the integration of the Cars-R-Coffins logo made me think
less of them. Is she still stenciling "PISTA CONCEPT 200x" across the top
tube of the high-dollar track frame? Very A-Team.

I like chrome bikes, but the silver saddle on this year's Pista puts the
bike in Liberace territory.

According to jim beam :

i don't "know" sky, but i have met her and i can tell you, she's a
really cool person that spends a lot of time riding and talking with
people in all the major u.s. bike markets - riders, not just sales
droids.

I don't at all doubt that Sky Yeager is a wonderful person committed to
cycling at more than a commercial level.

[snip]

i guess you can analyse the same way for all the other stuff you mention
- but the point is, she /does/ do her homework, and what goes out as
product is the result of consumer opinion in. i guess if you want to
experess your opinion as well, track down one of your local bianchi
dealers - they /will/ be talking to her sooner or later - and get them
to convey your opinion. it will be heard sooner or later.

Luckily, there are other bike companies out there. I should heed these
words and not complain about the companies that aren't making stuff that
interests me.

I'll save my complaining for railing against the companies in the Bikes
Belong industry lobbying group that are working with the AAA to get
cyclists off the roads and on to crap paths. Bianchi isn't one of them.

----
Lars Lehtonen

Old September 4th 04, 05:52 AM
Geoff King

Actually when I was fitted I was told that I have "girly build".
supposedly this is due to my irregularly long lower legs?

Frank wrote:
Geoff's riding a girl's bike, Geoff's riding a girl's bike...;-)

Frank

"Geoff King" wrote in message

Thanks for all the replies. Mine's a 2004 Giro. There are no chick
specific parts on this one since I'm 6 feet tall. I'm very happy with
the whole package.

Geoff King wrote:

I have a new Bianchi that has the sticker "Chick Designed" on it. The
logo is of chick (baby bird) with long hair. It's a large size man's
bike. Am I correct in assuming this bike was designed by a woman at/for
bianchi or is there some other meaning behind this? Just curious.

Thanks, Geoff