Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ian Smith

Default Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

On Sat, 9 Jun, habbywall wrote:
domesticated ape wrote:

Wheter it's illegal or not, lying in court about what unicycle you were
riding would be pretty sketchy, especially if you were under oath!

What if your athiest? Or do they not make you swear on the bible over
there?

You do (by default) swear on a bible, but you are entitled to decline
to do so on religious grounds. It's then called 'affirming' I think,
and there's just a slightly different verbal statement whereby you
promise the same stuff but without hand on bible or the so-help-me-god
bit. The (earthly) penalties for not telling the truth are the same
whether you've sworn or affirmed.

Swearing on the bible always seemed dozy to me, given that the bible
says don't swear 'so-help-me-god'. Thus, we have people that if they
actually belive the bible they won't swear on it, and the people that
will swear on the bible presumably don't actually know or care what it
says, and if it's just another book, why ask them to swear on it?

Matthew 5:33, in case someone wants to see it.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|