New reason to put sewing kit in bike repair bag!

Old October 23rd 05, 07:19 PM

Default New reason to put sewing kit in bike repair bag!

Dear rbm:
Whilst shopping at large ethnic market, I spotted a little sewing
kit, so I added it to my basket. Another person, who'd followed me in
conversation from the Big Bicycle Company superstore in the center (and
probably though I was headed to the Sign of the Green Mermaid for
coffee) asked me why I got that along with a bunch of miso soup paste
and dried seaweed. "I'll add it to my bike repair kit" I said. "But but
but but you ride CLINCHERS!" said "Racer X."

It was, of course, about three hours later, while dong the nocturnal
downhill thing on Linda Vista Drive that I realized my reply should
have been "I've got to keep the safety pins for the race numbers
SOMEWHERE."

Robert Leone

Old October 24th 05, 11:02 PM
Dane Buson

Bob wrote:
wrote:

and dried seaweed. "I'll add it to my bike repair kit" I said. "But but
but but you ride CLINCHERS!" said "Racer X."

Thanks for the laugh. I now have this mental picture of a racer sitting
on the side of the road with a needle and thread "fixing his sew-ups".

I also got a chuckle out of it, though I suspect for a different reason
that most of you.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/zuvembi/Racer_X_2.gif

The mental image of standing in the grocery checkout line with 'Racer X'
was simply too good. What did he have in his basket?

--
Dane Buson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"No job too big; no fee too big!"
Old October 24th 05, 11:26 PM

Dane Buson wrote:
Bob wrote:

He'd stocked up on canned ready to drink coffee. But he sure was
curious about the miso paste. Also the pickled garlic (but neither of
us got any of that!). However, the fine ceramics department had him
floored -- I don't know the specifics, but I betcha I know the theme
for his wife's next birthday present (she's a tea drinker).

Robert leone

Bike rack [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 02:50 AM
May 6 NYC NBG Day to Honor Fallen Bike Activist Cycle America General 0 April 11th 05 04:15 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM