Bugger...

Old March 14th 05, 08:25 PM
Tony B

Default Bugger...

Had a visit from the PF tonight on the way home, front rapidly lost
pressure during a 40kph descent... hmm, that was nice.

So I've ordered some new boots from Wiggle, went for the Conti Ultra
Gatorskins at £16 a piece - hope they'll be OK for my George Dawes Audax.

I seem to have been visited a lot this last few weeks - the grit the
councils have been spraying is like bloody little flint daggers. I was
hoping to have seem the last of the stuff by now, but there was another
snowfall last night in the villiage where I'm working. Wish spring would
hurry up getting here, the little taster yesterday on Manchester
Velodrome of riding in just shirt/shorts/shoes (oh and a H*lm*t of
course) was very pleasant.

bfn,

Tony B
Old March 14th 05, 09:02 PM
MSeries

Tony B wrote:
Had a visit from the PF tonight on the way home, front rapidly lost
pressure during a 40kph descent... hmm, that was nice.

So I've ordered some new boots from Wiggle, went for the Conti Ultra
Gatorskins at £16 a piece - hope they'll be OK for my George Dawes Audax.

I seem to have been visited a lot this last few weeks - the grit the
councils have been spraying is like bloody little flint daggers. I was
hoping to have seem the last of the stuff by now, but there was another
snowfall last night in the villiage where I'm working. Wish spring would
hurry up getting here, the little taster yesterday on Manchester
Velodrome of riding in just shirt/shorts/shoes (oh and a H*lm*t of
course) was very pleasant.

bfn,

Tony B

My rear tyre was flat this morning. Pumped it up, got me to work and
back then I changed the tube and tyre this evening. I have just taken
off an Ultra Gatorskin, nice ride but I am disappointed with their
durability for winter used.Hopefully there will not be much more grit
around.
Old March 14th 05, 11:05 PM
wafflycat

"Tony B" wrote in message
Had a visit from the PF tonight on the way home, front rapidly lost
pressure during a 40kph descent... hmm, that was nice.

So I've ordered some new boots from Wiggle, went for the Conti Ultra
Gatorskins at £16 a piece - hope they'll be OK for my George Dawes Audax.

I seem to have been visited a lot this last few weeks - the grit the
councils have been spraying is like bloody little flint daggers. I was
hoping to have seem the last of the stuff by now, but there was another
snowfall last night in the villiage where I'm working. Wish spring would
hurry up getting here, the little taster yesterday on Manchester Velodrome
of riding in just shirt/shorts/shoes (oh and a H*lm*t of course) was very
pleasant.

bfn,

Tony B

Nathan had a visit from the puncture fairy twice on his return journey from
college today - so I went out to get him. His bike is cream-crackered with
the wear & tear over the winter - salt/grit on roads and flinty run-off from
the fields - even though Vernon does regular maintenance on it. Roll on the
good weather.

Cheers, helen s

Got The Bugger Mattboy UK 15 August 4th 04 01:44 PM
Bugger.....killed my rear derailleur :-( MrBonk Mountain Biking 7 May 31st 04 02:59 PM
Bugger Doki UK 15 April 14th 04 09:45 AM
Aw, bugger... bomba Mountain Biking 4 October 25th 03 02:04 AM
Silly bugger Tony W UK 17 September 14th 03 07:27 PM