Yet another headwind trip home.

Old November 15th 06, 05:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MWP

Default Yet another headwind trip home.

And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

Old November 15th 06, 08:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy

I caught the train today. No shower or proper change facilities where
I'm working at the moment, and it's right next to the train station...
rather hard to resist.

--
SomeGuy

Old November 15th 06, 11:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"MWP" wrote in message
oups.com...
And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

You are obviously going the wrong way......I have had killer tail winds for
the ride home all week!!!

Gags

Old November 15th 06, 07:40 PM posted to aus.bicycle
PHATRS

MWP wrote:
And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

Is that good for your health?

--
Ben
Old November 15th 06, 09:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Paulus

"MWP" wrote in message
oups.com...
And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

Yeah, damn cold yesterday. The wind felt more like a tail heading west. On
Tuesday though it felt like one big hill.

Old November 15th 06, 10:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MWP

PHATRS wrote:
MWP wrote:
And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.

Is that good for your health?

--
Ben

Heart rate monitor kept beeping for most of the way. Heart rate was
over 85% most of the way.

Old November 15th 06, 11:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-11-15, (aka Bruce)
On Nov 16, 8:31 am, wrote:
On Nov 15, 4:12 pm, "MWP" wrote:

And its freezing. 3 days in a row. Yesterday I averaged 12km/h heading
westwards out of Melb.I normally get a headwind both ways, but yesterday I was fortunate

enough to have a tailwind. Overtook a car just for fun :-)

This morning I had a headwind, 3.3C temps (so according to
weatherzone.com.au that equals -1.8C with windchill) and me with no
gloves. Brrrr.

Bloody snowing outside now. At least SWMBO brought my gloves in for
the ride home this afternoon.

I am ****ed. I came down to Melbourne for a flying one night visit,
and was back on the plane about an hour before the snow, not even
aware it was about to snow. And anyway, it wasn't that cold, ya
wooses!

Drove the tin box home from Dubbo airport, and was watching with some
nervousness as the trucks would suddenly be pushed halfway across the
road. My own tinbox was giving interesting steering feedback too. If
it wasn't for the trees being whipped around, I would have pulled over
and verified that indeed not all 4 tires had been slashed.

Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

--
TimC
NOP NOP NOP NOP bang NOP NOP bang ouch
Old November 15th 06, 11:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

A bit nippy here in CBR too. Zero on the gauge this morning and that's
before wind chill... and what a wind. Thank god it was southerly
though. Record time this morning after I met up with another roadie and
we pushed hard all the way to town. About 50kph along the flat on Yarra
Glenn (woot!). Lovely.

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old November 16th 06, 12:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Dave Hughes

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:08:39 +1100, TimC wrote:

Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

You have yummy yummy coffee in your tearoom, or you're just caffeine
deprived enough that Bland43 sounds good [1]?

Then again, I do know one CS dept (that TimC has been part of) who all
chipped in to buy a commercial espresso machine. Mmmm, addiction.

[1] Could be worse. Could be International Rust.

--
Dave Hughes |
I want you to remember, I intend this breast
Old November 16th 06, 02:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-11-16, Dave Hughes (aka Bruce)
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:08:39 +1100, TimC wrote:

Today, in town, it's 4 degrees, with a windchill giving -1 degrees.
And it was warm in town. Up here.... bitter. Not brave enough to go
for a walk out to the tearoom for yummy yummy coffee.

You have yummy yummy coffee in your tearoom, or you're just caffeine
deprived enough that Bland43 sounds good [1]?

A combination thereof, plus more (coffee is good to hold when cold).
I have a plunger and semi-real coffee. Not as good as an espresso
boiler whilst hiking along the Western Arthurs. But then again, very
few things compete with such pleasures (then again, something as
simple as fresh cucumber in your sandwiches intead of lentils,
*again*, doesn't often evoke such responses, either).

Then again, I do know one CS dept (that TimC has been part of) who all
chipped in to buy a commercial espresso machine. Mmmm, addiction.

I was a junior, and felt out of place using it, even though I was
"special" enough to have the requisite rights.

My ex-department also had a more crappy version, and not many people
bothered to maintain it, and very few people bothered to buy coffee
and other bits for it (even though said persons would be fully
reimbursed -- they're astronomers -- they're lazy). So non lazy
persons eventually gave up and just let everyone complain about not
having a working machine at all. Said non lazy persons prefered the
coffee from across the road instead, even if it was $2.50 more
expensive.

[1] Could be worse. Could be International Rust.

HAW!

If none of this post made any sense, it's because I am really sinking
the coffee today. But by gawd, the code is going to be l33t -- pity I
won't be able to understand it tomorrow.

--
TimC
When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic

You know you're riding into a headwind when ... dkahn400 UK 20 March 6th 06 04:34 PM
Headwind Ricardo Techniques 1 November 2nd 05 10:40 AM
now that's a headwind ... Bleve Australia 19 October 26th 05 02:21 PM
continental headwind wafflycat General 1 April 25th 05 05:35 PM
Continental headwind wafflycat UK 3 April 25th 05 12:23 PM