CO2 Inflation Systems

Old October 15th 04, 11:31 PM
Cino1947

Default CO2 Inflation Systems

I'd like to buy a CO2 system for my bike.
Old October 16th 04, 12:31 AM
neil0502

"Cino1947" wrote

I'd like to buy a CO2 system for my bike.

Cino,

I admire your brevity . . . and think a CO2 system is a wise choice. Just
back from a ride on which I flatted :-\

700 x 35 tires take quite a while to pump with a li'l Zefal, but the CO2
put me to about 75lbs in a matter of about a second. Nice! Not much
reason not to carry a couple of cartridges (some recommend a backup pump,
too). Don't forget not to leave cartridges on the roadside!

Old October 17th 04, 02:57 PM
Zog The Undeniable

neil0502 wrote:

"Cino1947" wrote

I'd like to buy a CO2 system for my bike.

Cino,

I admire your brevity . . . and think a CO2 system is a wise choice. Just
back from a ride on which I flatted :-\

700 x 35 tires take quite a while to pump with a li'l Zefal, but the CO2
put me to about 75lbs in a matter of about a second. Nice! Not much
reason not to carry a couple of cartridges (some recommend a backup pump,
too). Don't forget not to leave cartridges on the roadside!

They've saved me from a walk home on a couple of occasions. I hate
carrying a big pump on a stripped-down racer, and they're a liability on
an MTB used in muddy conditions - they either fall off or get ruined by
the mud and water.

One job CO2 isn't good for is inflating big MTB slicks (the 1.5" 90psi
type). There's not enough gas in one cartridge. They're OK for 40psi
MTB knobblies or 120psi narrow road bike tyres.