Campy 9 Bar End Shifter alternatives.

Old September 15th 03, 07:21 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

Default Campy 9 Bar End Shifter alternatives.

The price of Campy bar end shifters is a tad too high for my budget.
Is there some sort of alternative? I am willing to use friction based
shifters. Someone care to suggest a model or two?

My other option appears to be to get an Ultegra DR with Shimano
shifters and chain. The price of that combo is still smaller then that
of the campy bar end shifters (if you can believe that).

I have a disk wheel that takes a Shimano casette and have been using
that with my campy setup. It mostly works with some slight skipping..

Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca
Old September 16th 03, 01:52 PM
David Damerell

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:
The price of Campy bar end shifters is a tad too high for my budget.
Is there some sort of alternative? I am willing to use friction based
shifters. Someone care to suggest a model or two?

Rivendell's "Silver" shifters are available as bar-ends, and if you _are_
willing to deal with friction shifting I think they are one of the better
pieces of equipment available today.
--
David Damerell flcl?
Old September 16th 03, 02:01 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Justin- The price of Campy bar end shifters is a tad too high for my budget.
Is there some sort of alternative? I am willing to use friction based
shifters. Someone care to suggest a model or two? BRBR

shimano and Suntour NOS, if friction.

My other option appears to be to get an Ultegra DR with Shimano
shifters and chain. The price of that combo is still smaller then that
of the campy bar end shifters (if you can believe that). BRBR

I don't believe it. DA barends are about $55 new, a new rear der of any quality
is about the same. Chain is $20..Barends are $100 from Campagnolo...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302