Where could I find Pallets?

Old November 1st 03, 10:29 PM
sabin_a.

Default Where could I find Pallets?

I have been looking for some pallets for hopping practice, but I can't
find any. Does anyone know where I could find some?
I herd they are really good for hopping onto.

-Sabin

--
sabin_a. - Trials rider

Revenge is sweet, but too many sweets can cause cavities.
sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

Old November 2nd 03, 01:22 AM
James_Potter

You can find pallets behind most stores. I got some from behind a
newspaper office.
But first make sure you can take them for free. Most of the time you
can, but sometimes they want to keep them.

--
James_Potter - Rubiks Cube CHAMPION (almost)

-Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and
he'll be warm for life.-

Old November 2nd 03, 01:05 PM
Memphis Mud

I was going to say at your local Newspaper too. Ours even puts an ad in
itself Titled "Free Pallets". These may not be the creme de la creme.
Naturally they'll use the best ones over again. But apparently they
accumulate. I got some once off their mountainous pile they looked fine
to me.

Other businesses (like the one I work for) dont accumulate quite so many
and therefore reuse reuse reuse. So asking would be a good idea.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old November 2nd 03, 06:04 PM
Sarah Miller

sabin_a. m wrote:

I have been looking for some pallets for hopping practice, but I can't
find any. Does anyone know where I could find some?

Find where the Factories and Warehouses and Cash and Carry places are in
your area, go and cruise
around that district till you see a BIG pile of pallets in a yard. Go and
ask nicely if you can take some of them.

Alternatively do the cruise at the weekend and take any that are
stacked next to the skip (dumpter) and damaged.

Sarah
--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders
Old November 2nd 03, 09:08 PM
sabin_a.

Thanks for the info. I live right by one of thoes outdoor food markets,
they have about a billion pallets out in back, I'll ask if I could have
some from them,

-Sabin

Old November 3rd 03, 12:01 AM
Checkernuts

I prefer stealing them from walmart.

Do I really have to say why this is ok?

If I had a place to put them, that would surly be where I got them
from

Chex

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old November 3rd 03, 02:02 AM
aspenmike

Plumbing Wholesalers.

--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Old November 3rd 03, 03:22 PM
Scott Stephens

Call around to some stores, thats what i did, and most of them will give
u some free pallets. I actually called "the pallet store" and they
offered to give me free pallets after i told them i was a trials
unicyclist. Sometimes if u explain why u want them then it is easier to
get them

--
Scott Stephens - Equipment Destroyer

If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by
candlelight."
George Gobol

I have worked to hard to be a clown. I am an athlete and wish to be
respected as one.- Checkernuts

Scott Stephens's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1262

Old November 3rd 03, 04:33 PM
joona

James_Potter wrote:
*
But first make sure you can take them for free. Most of the time you
can, but sometimes they want to keep them. *

This is because there are pallets meant for only one use after which
they are considered trash. These are usually those smaller
(3feetx4feet). And then there are these that are meant to be brought
back to the sender so they can use them again. These cost a lot more and
are usually quite a much stronger.

--
joona - )-O --Neat

In search for the ultimate sign
joona's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4436

Old November 3rd 03, 09:04 PM
thin_air

You can occasinally find them at apartment buildings but they usulayy
wont let you take them

--
thin_air - ride the wheel

feel free to ask me to chat any time on this website
thin_air's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4504