Compression tights

Old November 3rd 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Set

Default Compression tights

I noticed several people in cycling forums promoting use of "Skins" brand
compression tights to help recovery after long hard rides.

http://www.skins.com.au/ns/product_skins.cfm

Wondering if anyone uses them. I've read that some pros use compression
knee socks.

If so, anyone found a source in the US? Most of the brands I've seen are
Aus or NZ companies.

TIA

Old November 4th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fred

"Set" wrote in message
I noticed several people in cycling forums promoting use of "Skins" brand
compression tights to help recovery after long hard rides.

http://www.skins.com.au/ns/product_skins.cfm

Wondering if anyone uses them. I've read that some pros use compression
knee socks.

If so, anyone found a source in the US? Most of the brands I've seen are
Aus or NZ companies.

TIA

I'm only guessing, but it sounds to me like an excellent product - for the
gullible.

Old November 4th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Set

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:31:10 +1300, "Fred" wrote:

"Set" wrote in message
.. .
I noticed several people in cycling forums promoting use of "Skins" brand
compression tights to help recovery after long hard rides.

http://www.skins.com.au/ns/product_skins.cfm

Wondering if anyone uses them. I've read that some pros use compression
knee socks.

If so, anyone found a source in the US? Most of the brands I've seen are
Aus or NZ companies.

TIA

I'm only guessing, but it sounds to me like an excellent product - for the
gullible.

You've not heard of the peripheral pump?

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=30

Old November 4th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fred

"Set" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 17:31:10 +1300, "Fred" wrote:

"Set" wrote in message
. ..
I noticed several people in cycling forums promoting use of "Skins" brand
compression tights to help recovery after long hard rides.

http://www.skins.com.au/ns/product_skins.cfm

Wondering if anyone uses them. I've read that some pros use compression
knee socks.

If so, anyone found a source in the US? Most of the brands I've seen are
Aus or NZ companies.

TIA

I'm only guessing, but it sounds to me like an excellent product - for the
gullible.

You've not heard of the peripheral pump?

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=30

Now you're guessing. All I was suggesting is be wary. Compression should
not be applied to joints (particularly knee joints) in a willy nilly 'I'll
give it a go ' fashion. Minor, and in some cases major damage has been done
by selling compression bandages for sore joints - especially knees. Often
suchtreatement leads to considerable aggrevation, particularly where pain
orinflammation is caused by the build-up of plaque. So often reducing or
relieving pressure is required. But as I said, I'm only guessing, and would
stay clear of these things without further information, and hearing from
some users. Posting your question here is a good start to getting further
information. Good luck.

Old November 4th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Luke

In article , Set
wrote:

You've not heard of the peripheral pump?

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=30

The veracity of the referenced article aside, one should question the
judgement of those behind the 53x12.com website in featuring
prominently and endorsing Ferrari as "the mastermind behind all
53x12.com training-related content and programs..." Obviously it's a
clerical oversight: there's no mention of Ferrari's 2004 conviction in
Italy for sporting fraud in the website's brief bio.

Luke
Old November 5th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Drackman

"Luke" wrote in message
In article , Set
wrote:

You've not heard of the peripheral pump?

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=30

The veracity of the referenced article aside, one should question the
judgement of those behind the 53x12.com website in featuring
prominently and endorsing Ferrari as "the mastermind behind all
53x12.com training-related content and programs..." Obviously it's a
clerical oversight: there's no mention of Ferrari's 2004 conviction in
Italy for sporting fraud in the website's brief bio.

Probably because it was reversed on appeal.