17 years late... 1986 Worlds Pics

Old October 26th 03, 04:23 AM
Time Cop

Default 17 years late... 1986 Worlds Pics

I remember that day being cold as hell for a Labor Day weekend. Didn't
bring anything but shorts, either. I got some nice pics of Moreno in his
WC jersey after waiting him out at the doping control area (two hours
after the race).

Old October 26th 03, 04:03 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I remember that day being cold as hell for a Labor Day weekend. Didn't
bring anything but shorts, either. I got some nice pics of Moreno in his
WC jersey after waiting him out at the doping control area (two hours
after the race).

I remember fog... lots and lots and lots of fog. Had it been a clear day,
the course afforded spectacular opportunities to see the riders both
descending and climbing (a good pair of binoculars being a very handy
thing).

I also recall one day at the track races where a sudden thunderstorm (pretty
common in the area) moved through with enough wind that it knocked over just
about everything at the track.

And finally, I remember Eki. Geez, that guy's been around for a while!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 27th 03, 09:56 AM
Alexander Lackner

This thread reminds me: having started to archive race tapes in the 90ies
(self-taped from tv, but also commercially acquired mostly through british
Bromley), I've had poor success in locating material from the 80ies. For
instance, british Bromley carries Tour coverage starting 89, and it's
ridiculous I should not be able to purchase coverage of the Tours of the
years before that. Same goes for other BT and Worlds. I was hoping the
advent of dvd would open access to material from the abovementioned era
available overseas (US), is there a provider for coverage of 80ies
tours/worlds?

Some non-commercial exchange forum where people exchange their private
recordings would be interesting, if there are no legal issues.

Alexander
Vienna

PS great pics from Colorado, BTW... now where's the video to go with those

---

Old October 27th 03, 02:54 PM
Tom Paterson

From: "Alexander Lackner"

I've had poor success in locating material from the 80ies.

http://www.worldcycling.com/merchant.mv?

Online catalog shows a sale on all vids/dvds, a few 80's at the beginning and
at the end of the list. Didn't see the Tour of Britain items, which were great.
--TP
Old October 28th 03, 02:12 AM
Bikerecker

You guys all must have been at the Coors Classic that year. I was there, but
missed the Word's. Got some cool pics of Keifel winning the N Boulder race,
and Phinney at war on Morgul Bismarck. And Sarroni, off the back, riding aroud
looking Italian as hell.
Greg Miller