Letter to The Age made me sparay my weetbix!

Old November 29th 04, 08:54 PM
flyingdutch

Default Letter to The Age made me sparay my weetbix!

DRS Wrote:

Not necessarily true. You can be booked for travelling excessivel
slowly.

is there a definition as to what constitutes 'excessively slowly' or i
'in the eye of the beholder' stuff

--
flyingdutch

Old November 29th 04, 11:48 PM
hippy

"flyingdutch"
Not necessarily true. You can be booked for travelling excessively
slowly.

is there a definition as to what constitutes 'excessively slowly' or is
'in the eye of the beholder' stuff?

I've heard more than 10k below the limit for no
good reason was bad. Not sure if this was from
my driving instructor, parents, friends, dream,
past-life regression, read it in my tea leaves..

hippy

Old November 30th 04, 12:30 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

"flyingdutch"
Not necessarily true. You can be booked for travelling excessively
slowly.

is there a definition as to what constitutes 'excessively slowly' or is
'in the eye of the beholder' stuff?

I've heard more than 10k below the limit for no
good reason was bad. Not sure if this was from
my driving instructor, parents, friends, dream,
past-life regression, read it in my tea leaves..

hippy

Driving instructor told me that one. Examples would be when my auto
transmission died with me stuck in 2nd on the freeway. Not cool, not
cool, at least there is more than one lane.

Old November 30th 04, 10:43 AM
DRS

Default Letter to The Age made me spray my weetbix!

"flyingdutch" wrote
in message
DRS Wrote:

Not necessarily true. You can be booked for travelling excessively
slowly.

is there a definition as to what constitutes 'excessively slowly' or
is 'in the eye of the beholder' stuff?

From Road Rule 125: "Example of a driver driving abnormally slowly

A driver driving at a speed of 20 kilometres per hour on a length of road to
which a speed-limit of 80 kilometres per hour applies when there is no
reason for the driver to drive at that speed on the length of road."

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 30th 04, 10:44 AM
DRS

"hippy" wrote in message

"flyingdutch"
Not necessarily true. You can be booked for travelling excessively
slowly.

is there a definition as to what constitutes 'excessively slowly' or
is 'in the eye of the beholder' stuff?

I've heard more than 10k below the limit for no
good reason was bad. Not sure if this was from
my driving instructor, parents, friends, dream,
past-life regression, read it in my tea leaves..

It is bad but it's a safety thing, not a legal thing. Too great a speed
disparity in traffic can be dangerous (as we all well know).

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 30th 04, 11:16 AM
xisle

I'm in Canberra and the route to work by car doesn't get congested s
I'd say it would be quicker in a car. All that really means is I hav
one less point when I'm telling someone why it's good to ride to wor
every day. There's still numerous other points like fitness, fun
ample parking, environmental issues. Plus Canberra has great cyclin
infrastructure so I may as well use it

--
xisle