velocity spartacus pro

Old July 17th 03, 07:32 AM
Simon

Default velocity spartacus pro

hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels?
Ive googled till blue in the face and cant seem to find a thing

They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering if
this is related more to exchange rate or product quality?

Thanks

Simon

Old July 18th 03, 05:24 AM
Bruce Dickson

"Simon" wrote in message . au...
hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels?
Ive googled till blue in the face and cant seem to find a thing

They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering if
this is related more to exchange rate or product quality?

Thanks

Simon

That depends what you think the alternatives are. They are cheaper
than other expensive prebuilt low spoke count wheels, I guess being
made in Australia helps there, but for the same or less money you
could get a very nice set of standard wheels built that would be as
light or lighter and much stronger, though maybe not quite as aero.

I have seen 2 standard spartacus rear wheels (not the pro model) have
problems at races this season, 1 broken spoke and 1 completely loose
spoke. FYI I race on 32 spoke wheels with Campag Daytona hubs,
Velocity Aerohead rims and DT 14/15/14 double butted spokes. They are
quite light, strong and if something does break they will be very easy
and cheap to fix.

Bruce Dickson

The bike should be light, simple, and reliable. Of course, reliability
is infinitely more important than light weight, because there's
nothing slower than a broken bike
Adam Myerson 25/10/01 bike.com
Old July 18th 03, 06:33 AM

"Simon" wrote:
hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels?
Ive googled till blue in the face and cant seem to find a thing
They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering ifthis is related more to exchange rate or product quality?
Thanks
Simon

I had a set for about a month and was bitterly disappointed with them, however my riding partner reckons they are ok.
I am now riding mavic Cosmos wheels (old stock, last years model) They seem to suit me better.
The Aero's continuallly pulled spoles on me and I am not by any stretch of the imagination a rider that puts much strain on any wheel. (57, Overweight and an amputee) So I would like myself to see if any other rider has had the same problem with these wheels.
Hop