Integrated Headset

Old July 28th 03, 12:27 PM
Colnagodream

Default Integrated Headset

Hi

I have just bought a Avanti frame and i need a new headset for it but all
the headsets appear to be 1 1/8 and my forks are only inch ......This is the
first integrated frame i have had ..any help would be appreciated...can i
get the 1 1/8 and and use a spacer

Webby

Weeby@bigpond .net .axxu

remove the xx for replies

Old July 29th 03, 02:40 AM
amirm

if you have 1 1/8-inch housing on your frame, then you will need a 1
1/8-inch headset. I think it is possible to use adaptor sleeves to fit
you 1-inch tube. Then, I guess you may also need a 1-inch top bolt for
adjusting the headset/stem.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Colnagodream Hi

Old July 29th 03, 03:16 AM
John Staines

I was just in a bike store the other asking much the same question and
they advised that you can purchase an adaptor.

Cheers

John

ps is this the same webby that sells on Ebay?