Lance is "The man"

Old July 23rd 03, 10:40 AM
Tezza

Default Lance is "The man"

Spider1977 wrote:
Did you see Lance have that fall, then nearly take off his one remaining
nut, then power past JU like he was standing still.
As Bruce Macavaney would say it was "special".
After reading his book and following his last 3 TdeF's I have nothing
but admiration for a true sportsman.

Armstrong is truly gifted and totally committed. The ability of all the
riders is amazing - but as someone else said "don't forget the
domestiques." I have just finished reading that new book by Rupert
Guiness - "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oui Oui Oui" - it is a great read with
some good yarns about the Aussies in the TdF from the 1900s to present
day. Tezza

Old July 23rd 03, 11:40 AM
Spider1977

Originally posted by David Sutton Nice one buddy. Next time you want to
reveal the result of the stage, try not to shout it out in the subject
line. If you want to discuss the results of a stage before BOTH daily
highlights shows are televised, then do it inside the post, and put a
spoiler in the subject line.

Not all of us can get home at 6pm to watch the highlights... spare a
thought for those who are hanging out for the midnight show, trying
their best to avoid finding out any details of the racing. Don't scream
about someone being "the man" when there are probably many folks reading
this newsgroup who are trying to avoid finding out who that "man" was
until they've seen the stage on SBS.

Wow Dave you really do need to lighten up. When I wrote this peiece it
was nearly 24 hours since it happened. This is the 21st century buddy -
the age of the information super highway. Sounds to me you are either a
resident medical officer whose just come off a 48 hour shift or one of
those bike couriers who've been discussing how hard they work on another
thread here. Either way, I was talking about a super effort, and I think
others share my admiration for such a great sportsman - he may be
ruthless, but he is good.

And by the way Phil Liggett did not say JU should not have stopped, he
simply posed the question for his readers to consider.

If it stops raining I'm going for a ride. See ya Dave.

Old July 23rd 03, 02:35 PM
David Sutton

Gee... I'm amazed at the people who have queued up to give their $0.02 worth
on this thread. But if you feel like flaming, then good on you... that's the
freedom of the internet. FWIW, I do realise we are in the 21st century, but
there are still those of us who like to watch a sporting event on the telly
without knowing who won it. Makes it that bit more exciting, no? All I'm
asking for is the same netiquette that applies to things like posts
movies & tv shows, where giving away the plot twists in the subject line is
considered very bad form. I certainly share your admiration for Lance, but I
was pretty miffed at getting a "heads-up" that he had done something studly
before I had watched the stage.

Wow Dave you really do need to lighten up. When I wrote this peiece it
was nearly 24 hours since it happened. This is the 21st century buddy -
the age of the information super highway. Sounds to me you are either a
resident medical officer whose just come off a 48 hour shift or one of
those bike couriers who've been discussing how hard they work on another
thread here. Either way, I was talking about a super effort, and I think
others share my admiration for such a great sportsman - he may be
ruthless, but he is good.

And by the way Phil Liggett did not say JU should not have stopped, he
simply posed the question for his readers to consider.

If it stops raining I'm going for a ride. See ya Dave.

Have a great ride After all, that's what it's all about.

Old July 25th 03, 02:06 AM
Theo Bekkers

"John Stevenson" wrote

So, thanks to the inability of SBS to broadcast one stage until the
other is *about to start*, you're only able to talk about cycling
between the hours of 18:30 and about 01:00 every day during the

Tour.

I watched tonight's 6:00pm SBS broadcast on Fox at 6 this morning.

:-)

Theo
Working from home today. Gotta love that metaframe stuff.

Old July 25th 03, 02:08 AM
Theo Bekkers

"g" wrote
Theo Bekkers wrote:

The sportsmanship of cricket is just a little overrated IMHO.

ok then, the roller derby which used to be on the tele in the 60's.

Ouch!

Theo

Lance vs George W Bush John Racing 0 July 20th 04 06:30 AM
LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Lance comments on Wilson Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer Racing 2 March 2nd 04 02:53 AM