New University of Illinois Helmet Study ...

Old April 27th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default New University of Illinois Helmet Study ...

"catzz66" wrote in message
Bill Baka wrote:

I need only mention Christopher Reeve, who everyone knew as Superman,
who fell on his head and broke his neck. Would a helmet have helped?

Reeve was wearing a helmet, the equestrian riding helmet.

This is the type of helmet I now wear myself. Cycling helmets just look way
too goofy for me. I like the looks of the equestrian riding helmet. They
only cost about $30, you can make them fit perfectly and they look just
great. However, I think they will only work for a recumbent cyclist because
of the bill out front, unless you sit very upright on your bike.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 8th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"catzz66" wrote in message

Bill Baka wrote:

I need only mention Christopher Reeve, who everyone knew as Superman,
who fell on his head and broke his neck. Would a helmet have helped?

Reeve was wearing a helmet, the equestrian riding helmet.

This is the type of helmet I now wear myself. Cycling helmets just look way
too goofy for me. I like the looks of the equestrian riding helmet. They
only cost about $30, you can make them fit perfectly and they look just
great. However, I think they will only work for a recumbent cyclist because
of the bill out front, unless you sit very upright on your bike.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Maybe you just need one of those hair-wrap things,,,, like what they put
on the horses tails.....