Now that's cycling!

Old March 4th 11, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steve Walker[_2_]

Default Now that's cycling!

Top Gear speed & idiocy - on a bicycle!

http://vimeo.com/9970489

Old March 4th 11, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Mar 4, 7:45*pm, "Steve Walker" wrote:
Top Gear speed & idiocy - on a bicycle!

http://vimeo.com/9970489

I must admit that's pretty cool. But of course it's not like Top
Gear, it's automatically completely safe because it's cycling. Doing
that is safer than driving even at 1mph in the middle of an otherwise
empty car park. And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well. Here endeth the lesson.
Old March 4th 11, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Mar 4, 7:45*pm, "Steve Walker" wrote:
Top Gear speed & idiocy - on a bicycle!

http://vimeo.com/9970489

More footway cycling
Old March 4th 11, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 12:27:46 -0800 (PST)
Nuxx Bar wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.
Old March 4th 11, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

Nuxx Bar wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.

and maybe a parachute - wow

Old March 4th 11, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

Nuxx Bar wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.

It looks like the rider is wearing a pinstripe suit.
Old March 4th 11, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steve Walker[_2_]

Nuxx Bar wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.

It looked absolutely fantastic - I would early love to get kitted-up in body
armour & helmet, and do that run. I wouldn't make it, at least not at the
speeds he was doing, but what a fantastic buzz! It's like running with the
bulls, or the cresta run.

Old March 4th 11, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Nuxx wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.

It looked absolutely fantastic - I would early love to get kitted-up in body
armour& helmet, and do that run. I wouldn't make it, at least not at the
speeds he was doing, but what a fantastic buzz! It's like running with the
bulls, or the cresta run.

Not big & not clever. Clearly demonstrates the fact that cyclists are
overgrown schoolboys who lack the maturity to realise that push bikes
are for ****s.

Old March 5th 11, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Steve Walker[_2_]

Nuxx wrote:

And if you need a helmet for the former then you need
one for the latter as well.

I'm pretty sure that as well as helmets the participants will have been
wearing full body armour for that one, and justifiably so.

It looked absolutely fantastic - I would early love to get kitted-up in
body armour& helmet, and do that run. I wouldn't make it, at least not
at the speeds he was doing, but what a fantastic buzz! It's like running
with the bulls, or the cresta run.

Not big & not clever. Clearly demonstrates the fact that cyclists are
overgrown schoolboys who lack the maturity to realise that push bikes
are for ****s.

Each to their own, Dave. I've always enjoyed speed & adrenalin.

Old March 5th 11, 04:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 23:58:18 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Not big & not clever. Clearly demonstrates the fact that cyclists are
overgrown schoolboys who lack the maturity to realise that push bikes
are for ****s.

and I love ****s. So how about giving me the honour of being frothy
pink shame?

--