Bus Lane green light for motorcycles

Old December 25th 11, 12:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Bus Lane green light for motorcycles

On Dec 24, 11:46*pm, "Lozzo" wrote:
Squashme wrote:
At least you'll be able to get up.

Tough ****ing ****. if you choose to ride your antiquated piece of
crap, then take the risks associated with it. If that means you have to
ride on the road with properly powered traffic then ****ing do it. The
pavement is for pedestrians, not cyclists.

I ride on the road. It's "our" road.

We have cycle lanes all over our town, put in place by the council to
keep cyclists off the busy roads. Still the ignorant ****s ride on the
road, so I don't give a **** when I squeeze them into the kerb in the
van or even on my bike. When they complain I just point out the error
of their ways and suggest they take it up with the authorities.

If there's a kerb into which you squeeze them, where is the cycle
lane?

You ignorant ****s should show more solidarity with one another.

And Merry Christmas, Killer.

Old December 25th 11, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 23:15:19 +0000, PipL wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 19:31:45 +0000 (UTC), "Ivan D. Reid"
wrote:

Oh Lord, it's a big six-wheeler, scarlet-painted, London Transport,
diesel-engined, ninety-seven-horse-power omnibus! *RUN!!!*

"hold very tight please"

Ooh, you are awful.
Old December 25th 11, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 25, 12:36*am, ogden wrote:
Domènec wrote:

"The Older Gentleman" escribió en el
mensaje de noticias news:1kcs4na.bkfaej1v46irqN%

"Transport for London (TfL) have announced that motorcycles will be able
to use bus lanes on the majority of London's Red Routes when the current
trial ends in January 2012.

URL?

Barcelona recently elected mayor promised that, but the buses, taxis and car
club have lobbied against.

Anyway, the only change for me would have been doing the same things, but
without breaking any law :-)

We used to do it anyway, but use that thick white line down the edge of
the bus lane and hope that if it came to the crunch we could argue that
wasn't actually the bus lane.

All the trial really did was let us move a couple of feet to the left.
But it makes a huge difference, and looking back I can't believe the
ludicrous **** I used to do to carve through traffic before the bus
lanes were opened up.

It was always on the cards, and I'm glad those with the power refused to
give into the pathetically self-interested cyclist lobby groups.

--
ogden

Pathetically self-interested in not getting a Kamikaze 650 up my arse.

"carve through traffic" eh? Speaks volumes. Personally, I'd open up
the bus lanes to cars and lorries now they've gone comprehensive.
Old December 25th 11, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Dec 25, 12:47*am, JNugent wrote:
On 24/12/2011 23:25, Squashme wrote:

On Dec 24, 6:42 pm, *wrote:
On 24/12/2011 16:13, wrote:

* *wrote:

[1] Clearly not all cyclists but the ones that ring their bells and blow
their little wistles to force pedestrians out of their way.

Do you prefer silent but deadly then?

I prefer cyclists who don't think blowing a whistle will make me move
out of their way as they pedal aggressively towards me making eye
contact.

I've never encountered the whistle technique, but like you, I am sure that it
would certainly not make me move out of the intended path of a cyclist.. Quite
the opposite.

And a whistle-blowing motorcyclist?

What, coming along the footway?

Never encountered it.

You?

No, but it would certainly get my attention. I think that the
whistleblowing types were (allegedly) cycling on canal towpaths
originally in this thread. They even dared ring bells too! Such
illegality!
Old December 25th 11, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Lozzo

Squashme wrote:

On Dec 24, 11:46*pm, "Lozzo" wrote:
Squashme wrote:
At least you'll be able to get up.

Tough ****ing ****. if you choose to ride your antiquated piece of
crap, then take the risks associated with it. If that means you
have to ride on the road with properly powered traffic then ****ing
do it. The pavement is for pedestrians, not cyclists.

I ride on the road. It's "our" road.

It's my ****ing road when some ignorant pedal pushing **** is in the
middle of it slowing everyone up when there's a cycle lane he can use.

We have cycle lanes all over our town, put in place by the council
to keep cyclists off the busy roads. Still the ignorant ****s ride
on the road, so I don't give a **** when I squeeze them into the
kerb in the van or even on my bike. When they complain I just point
out the error of their ways and suggest they take it up with the
authorities.

If there's a kerb into which you squeeze them, where is the cycle
lane?

On the very wide pavements as a seperately marked lane, it follows the
route of the road through a park for most of it.

**** you, I hate christmas almost as much as I hate cyclists, and tbh I
wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw one of the lycra clad ****s squashed
under a ****ing bus.

--
Lozzo
Versys 650 Inter-Continental Hyperbolistic Missile , FJR1300 company
Old December 25th 11, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
ogden

Squashme wrote:

On Dec 25, 12:36*am, ogden wrote:
Domènec wrote:

[...]

Wah wah ****ing wah.

"carve through traffic" eh?

Yeah, as opposed to sit in it. Does that trouble you in some way?

--
ogden
Old December 25th 11, 02:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
steve auvache

On 25 Dec 2011 01:23:15 GMT, "Lozzo" wrote:

It's my ****ing road

Oh yes.
--

steve auvache
Old December 25th 11, 02:46 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:18:05 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Sorry if this is a ginge:

"Transport for London (TfL) have announced that motorcycles will be able
to use bus lanes on the majority of London's Red Routes when the current
trial ends in January 2012.

Two 18 month trials showed that allowing motorcycles into bus lanes is
good for emissions and congestion, as well as helping riders get to work
quicker.

"The two trials have shown reduced journey times and environmental
benefits" said TfL's Ben Plowden.

The motorcycle industry has welcomed the announcement, which is the
successful culmination of over ten years close liaison between the Motor
Cycle Industry Association (MCI) and Transport for London and industry
support for the various trials which took place. MCI also developed a
specific code of practice for motorcyclists using bus lanes in
conjunction with TfL.

Some London boroughs, along with cities including Birmingham, Reading,
Bristol and Bath, already allow motorbikes and scooters to use bus
lanes. As Transport for London's own website says, "Benefits include
reduced journey times for motorcyclists and less carbon dioxide
emissions. The safety of motorcyclists and other vulnerable road users
is unaffected. It also helps achieve a key strand of the Mayor's
Transport Strategy – helping to smooth traffic flow".

Industry policy expert Craig Carey-Clinch said: "This is fantastic news
for motorcyclists, as using bus lanes safely can help reduce journey
times and take the stress out of commuting. Yet another reason to switch
to motorcycling for your regular commute.""

Excellent!

As an aside, I've witnessed four traffic accidents on my daily commute
this year. One was a scooter who locked up the front brake and threw his
hairdryer up the bus lane. The second and third were blue-on-blue
incidents involving cyclists sailing through red lights. The fourth was
a cyclist trying to get up the inside of a bus in a narrowing roadway,
who was lucky to escape with his life.

After about 40 years of cycling in London's bus lanes, I really have
no problem with motorcycles in bus lanes. They are amoung the most
courteous road users I encounter - certainly better behaved than black
cab drivers and many bus drivers, and while I have had problems with
fellow cyclists, I have never ever had a problem with a motorcyclist,
apart from the ocassional blocking on the entrance into an ASL
reservoir, but perhaps that's becaused they are not allowed into them
when lights are red.
Old December 25th 11, 03:15 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 19:42:26 +0000
Ben wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:33:54 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:13:41 +0000
wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:

Motorcycles may be allowed in bus lanes in some places, but they
are certainly not welcome.

I don't welcome you ****s on pavements either.

ITYM "those ****s", I'm pretty sure most posters to uk.rec.cycling
think pavement cycling is for little kids.

Most of the posters to uk.rec.cycling also don't recognise when
they're deliberately being wound up with all the standard rants, and
trot out the standard responses.

You think? :-)

Old December 25th 11, 07:11 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Pip[_2_]

In article , Lozzo says...

**** you, I hate christmas almost as much as I hate cyclists, and tbh I
wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw one of the lycra clad ****s squashed