New Italian Gear Train

Old May 6th 19, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default New Italian Gear Train

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 7th 19, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13. https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.
Old May 7th 19, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

My experience is that Shimano sets work well but wear our relatively rapidly. My brother's Giant with DuraAce will not shift properly and it is about 10 years old. I have a set of Ultegra 10 speed 6700's and they will not shift now unless you bump the small lever back and forth some.

Campagnolo is rebuildable but the mechanical version at least is not very accurate for very long. And when they start a newer version they stop making parts for the older versions.

The more 3D printed parts would mean that you just order a new one and the only difference in price would be inflationary and not how rare the part is..

Electronic shifting for all of my training gives me the creeps. My brother has one of those wrist watches that gives speed, distance and altitude numbers. Yesterday it stopped working half way through the ride. On of the group I ride with got a Di2 setup and I was asking how long the battery lasted and he gave me some cock and bull story about it lasting for weeks. Half way through the first ride it failed. You can manually set it into a gear so he set it into a climbing gear and went straight home.

If this works well and is reliable I would be interested in getting a set. Let's not forget that Campy is Beaucoup bucks too. And as far as I've been able to see Campi really hasn't been improving it - only changing it to more gears and with more "modern" look.
Old May 7th 19, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13.
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

Mine goes to 27, but nobody brags about that one anymore.

Old May 7th 19, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 5/6/2019 4:36 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13. https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

Dunno, sounds unlucky to me. It'll probably attract zombie squirrels
who jump into your spokes.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073...59e1374d_b.jpg

Mark J.
Old May 7th 19, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 6 May 2019 16:36:08 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13. https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

And the NEW! hydraulic powered set is a miserly $2,800 (for the cheap
set) and $4,900 for the top end model but does include a wheel as the
set is not compatible with currently used hubs.

For those with slimmer purses a 12 speed version is available for the
paltry sum of $2,200 which, of course, allows one to upgrade again
next year.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 7th 19, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 6 May 2019 23:51:30 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13.
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

Mine goes to 27, but nobody brags about that one anymore.

I can remember when 14 was "more than anyone could possibly use" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 7th 19, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13.
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

Mine goes to 27, but nobody brags about that one anymore.

I can remember when 14 was "more than anyone could possibly use" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

But you only ride one gear at a time.

I ride more trips (although not more miles) on my fixie.
There's a lot to be said for the right gear.

Old May 7th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13.
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

Mine goes to 27, but nobody brags about that one anymore.

I can remember when 14 was "more than anyone could possibly use" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

But you only ride one gear at a time.

I ride more trips (although not more miles) on my fixie.
There's a lot to be said for the right gear.

Yes, but when you come to a hill it takes such a long time to change
gears :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 7th 19, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

Mine goes to 13.
https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/co...oupset-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

-- Jay Beattie.

Mine goes to 27, but nobody brags about that one anymore.

I can remember when 14 was "more than anyone could possibly use" :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

I can remember Bicycling magazine running an article that insisted that 10 gears was plenty and that you didn't need 15 gears.

Cheers

Multi-Gear fixed Gear freewheel? Sir Ridesalot Techniques 3 October 28th 15 11:34 AM
fasten broke gear chain to frame after pulling it into a specific gear Emanuel Berg Techniques 6 May 23rd 15 11:19 PM
HTC train atriage[_5_] Racing 0 July 8th 11 05:07 PM
WTB: Banesto Gear or Prime Alliance Gear Scott Morrison Marketplace 0 November 19th 04 08:44 PM
Drive train / Gear Inches (cm) software malcomm Australia 0 October 8th 04 06:01 AM