rain jacket reviews

Old October 20th 04, 10:34 PM
Ace Mechanic

Default rain jacket reviews

I'm looking for information on the following rain jackets:

Jackson & Gibbons
Craft
Showers Pass.

I've looked at their websites but I'm hoping for actual experiences.

I have a Burley but the cut is not to my liking and I end up sweating
too much on my 15 mile commute.
Old October 21st 04, 02:49 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Ace Mechanic" wrote in message om...

I've looked at their websites but I'm hoping for actual experiences.

I have a Burley but the cut is not to my liking and I end up sweating
too much on my 15 mile commute.

You want to wear Castelli's Teseo jacket. You need something
clear so your team kit will show through.

Don't ever wear those silly jackets that are cut really long on the
back and are purple or yellow, they make riders look like dorks.

The less reflective crap on the jacket the better it is.

Old October 21st 04, 03:59 AM
Tom Keats

In article mAEdd.671$nz1.206@pd7tw3no,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

"Ace Mechanic" wrote in message om...

I've looked at their websites but I'm hoping for actual experiences.

I have a Burley but the cut is not to my liking and I end up sweating
too much on my 15 mile commute.

You want to wear Castelli's Teseo jacket. You need something
clear so your team kit will show through.

They had some clear ones at Our Community Bikes!. Mesh pits.
20 bux or so, IIRC. They kinda look like those foldable
plastic raincoats moms used to carry in their purses.

Don't ever wear those silly jackets that are cut really long on the
back and are purple or yellow, they make riders look like dorks.

Bum flaps are redundant anyways, and too often get hooked
on the back of the saddle.

The less reflective crap on the jacket the better it is.

Flashing LED beadwork might be interesting.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old October 21st 04, 05:21 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:49:06 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

Don't ever wear those silly jackets that are cut really long on the
back and are purple or yellow, they make riders look like dorks.

There it is, folks -- straight from the E. F. Hutton of looking like a
dork.
Old October 21st 04, 05:44 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

wrote:

Don't ever wear those silly jackets that are cut really long on the
back and are purple or yellow, they make riders look like dorks.

There it is, folks -- straight from the E. F. Hutton of looking like a
dork.

What does that mean?

Old October 21st 04, 06:14 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Little Meow writes:

When Fabrizio posts, people read.
Your sartorial resplendence lend particular
credence to your bon mots apropos chic cycling.

Now that it's the off season, I guess he'll have
more time for hangin' around with the chics.

Pay no heed to those provincials who lack the
good sense to not base their lives upon your
teachings.

I don't think there's any worry about that.

cheers,
Tom

Old October 22nd 04, 04:16 PM
Booker C. Bense