Buying on the net

Old October 17th 04, 03:47 PM
Jeff Starr

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:13:06 +1000, "DRS"
wrote:

Performance tried to tell me they did contact the bank and that the CBA
refused to confirm my billing details. Either they gave the wrong
information to the bank or they are lying. I'm now pressing them for
details so I can follow up with the bank but they have gone silent again. I
think they think I'll go away. I think I'm going to give these *******s
hell until they start treating me reasonably.

If you live in the USA, Performance is a good company to do business
with. I have had many transaction, including returns, and warranty
exchange. I have always received good service.
Apparently they are not set up to deal with international orders and
would be better off, just refusing them.

So, if you are in the states, buy with confidence.
I don't work for Performance, I am just a satisfied customer.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Old October 17th 04, 04:14 PM
DRS

news
wrote:

Performance tried to tell me they did contact the bank and that the
CBA refused to confirm my billing details. Either they gave the
wrong information to the bank or they are lying. I'm now pressing
them for details so I can follow up with the bank but they have gone
silent again. I think they think I'll go away. I think I'm going
to give these *******s hell until they start treating me reasonably.

If you live in the USA, Performance is a good company to do business
with. I have had many transaction, including returns, and warranty
exchange. I have always received good service.
Apparently they are not set up to deal with international orders and
would be better off, just refusing them.

Their international group works from a different manual, the one written by
*******s Inc. They are going out of their way to be as unreasonable, as
unhelpful and just generally as difficult as possible. They couldn't treat
an American customer like this or they'd end up staring at the wrong end of
a shotgun.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 18th 04, 05:53 PM
Roger Zoul

DRS wrote:
:: "Jeff Starr" wrote in message
:: news ::: On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:13:06 +1000, "DRS"
::: wrote:
:::
:::: Performance tried to tell me they did contact the bank and that
:::: the CBA refused to confirm my billing details. Either they gave
:::: the wrong information to the bank or they are lying. I'm now
:::: pressing them for details so I can follow up with the bank but
:::: they have gone silent again. I think they think I'll go away. I
:::: think I'm going to give these *******s hell until they start
:::: treating me reasonably.
:::
::: If you live in the USA, Performance is a good company to do business
::: with. I have had many transaction, including returns, and warranty
::: exchange. I have always received good service.
::: Apparently they are not set up to deal with international orders and
::: would be better off, just refusing them.
::
:: Their international group works from a different manual, the one
:: written by *******s Inc. They are going out of their way to be as
:: unreasonable, as unhelpful and just generally as difficult as
:: possible. They couldn't treat an American customer like this or
:: they'd end up staring at the wrong end of a shotgun.
::

Why not just quit dealing with them?

Old October 19th 04, 11:21 AM
DRS

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message

DRS wrote:

[...]

Their international group works from a different manual, the one
written by *******s Inc. They are going out of their way to be as
unreasonable, as unhelpful and just generally as difficult as
possible. They couldn't treat an American customer like this or
they'd end up staring at the wrong end of a shotgun.

Why not just quit dealing with them?

Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and because they
need a kick up their collective arse.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 19th 04, 08:08 PM
Roger Zoul

DRS wrote:
:: "Roger Zoul" wrote in message
::
::: DRS wrote:
::
:: [...]
::
::::: Their international group works from a different manual, the one
::::: written by *******s Inc. They are going out of their way to be as
::::: unreasonable, as unhelpful and just generally as difficult as
::::: possible. They couldn't treat an American customer like this or
::::: they'd end up staring at the wrong end of a shotgun.
:::
::: Why not just quit dealing with them?
::
:: Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and because
:: they need a kick up their collective arse.

Good luck, but they're not likely to listen to a lone voice.

Old October 19th 04, 08:57 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Roger Zoul wrote:

DRS wrote:
:: Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and because
:: they need a kick up their collective arse.

Good luck, but they're not likely to listen to a lone voice.

i have complete confidence in DRS's ability to stick to a point and see it
through. in fact i pity performance.
--
david reuteler

Old October 19th 04, 09:43 PM
DRS

DRS wrote:
Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and
because they need a kick up their collective arse.

Good luck, but they're not likely to listen to a lone voice.

i have complete confidence in DRS's ability to stick to a point and
see it through. in fact i pity performance.

Performance can make this amicably go away any time they want.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 19th 04, 10:21 PM
David Reuteler

DRS wrote:
Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and
because they need a kick up their collective arse.

Good luck, but they're not likely to listen to a lone voice.

i have complete confidence in DRS's ability to stick to a point and
see it through. in fact i pity performance.

Performance can make this amicably go away any time they want.

give 'em hell.
--
david reuteler

Old October 20th 04, 01:44 PM
hippy

"DRS" wrote in message
Because they have one product I cannot get anywhere else and because
they need a kick up their collective arse

What product would that be?

Their classic sleeveless jersey.

There's a stack of sleeveless jerseys in Sale
section of probikekit. Probably not the same
thing though..
I thought probikekit used to sell team kit?
They only seem to have their own brand stuff
and not a wide selection.. I want knee warmers
in a few colours other than black..

hippy

general buying advice please David UK 9 June 25th 04 09:57 PM
Buying in Germany GreyFx2 Recumbent Biking 2 March 22nd 04 08:51 AM
Buying a Streetmachine. Frobnitz Recumbent Biking 11 January 12th 04 09:20 AM
Buying mail order from Italy Me UK 15 December 7th 03 07:41 PM
Advice on buying used road bike Michael S. Moorhead General 4 August 6th 03 04:06 AM