Pedal Adapter?

Old October 18th 04, 06:58 PM
John Thompson

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.bicycles.misc.]

On 2004-10-18, RWM wrote:

"Doug Huffman" wrote in message
No. Absent that why not spend more time on the bike and less money in the
'gym'? The bike is a possession that may never 'go away'. The 'gym' is a
service.

I think that answers like the above are completely silly and useless. You
are making judgments about how J spends her/his time without knowing
anything about her/him..

Or the local climate...

--

-John )
Old October 18th 04, 09:45 PM
A Muzi

j wrote:
My road bike has Look pedals, but the trainers at the gym have SPD
style pedals.
Has anyone heard of an adaptor that I could put either on my shoes or
on the gym's pedals that would allow me to use both Look and SPD
without changing the cleat every time?

It's much quicker to swap pedals and many riders do.
Changing cleats is not reasonable.

Also, some exercise facilities keep both Look and SPD
machines - you might ask about that too.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old October 18th 04, 10:06 PM

Although I would much rather be on the road, a good "spin class" can
often give me a decent workout (if I apply myself). I see indoor
cycling as a viable alternative for cold winter days.

Often these classes are full - with some people I recognize from
centuries and other group rides. So I can't be the only person who
could benifit from a product like this on the market. Unless Look
pedals are just THAT unpopular!

Where's an inventor when you need one?

Old October 19th 04, 12:20 AM
Chris Neary

You /could/ change the pedals to your Looks (PITA, granted)

Not that big a PITA, IMHO.

I do it for my wife all the time - she runs Speedplays while the spin bikes
are SPD.

Probably takes a couple of minutes at most.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh
Old October 19th 04, 12:39 AM
Luke

In article ,
wrote:

Although I would much rather be on the road, a good "spin class" can
often give me a decent workout (if I apply myself). I see indoor
cycling as a viable alternative for cold winter days.

Often these classes are full - with some people I recognize from
centuries and other group rides. So I can't be the only person who
could benifit from a product like this on the market. Unless Look
pedals are just THAT unpopular!

Where's an inventor when you need one?

Looking back at you from your mirror

luke

Pedal grab help seriously needed...... unipsychogirl Unicycling 26 October 1st 07 01:41 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Pedal came off crank arm while riding Gordon Techniques 16 September 10th 03 12:50 PM