Italian BB came undone - why???

Old July 9th 03, 02:06 PM
John Flynn

Default Italian BB came undone - why???

"David L. Johnson" wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:39:35 +0000, Tom Ace wrote:

Paul Southworth wrote:
I wonder how many people (or shops even) own fixed cup tools
that'll go on a torque wrench, e.g. with 1/2" drive.

Huh? My tool is 1/2" drive. I thought they all were.

--

David L. Johnson

Nope. I have a 3/8" drive Craftsman that I used to use on my Bultaco
head bolts.

~John
Old July 9th 03, 02:47 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Derk- I hear a ticking sound that is most
likely to come from the BB of my Titanium frame. Where exactly do you put
the tape and what is the purpose of it? You also grease I presume? BRBR

Grease and teflon or 'plumber's tape' around the threads of the cups, a single
wrap is what I use.Keeps things snug, grease prevents corrosion.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old July 10th 03, 01:52 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

John Flynn- Nope. I have a 3/8" drive Craftsman that I used to use on my
Bultaco
head bolts. BRBR

Ahhhh, Bultaco, Montessa, Ossa...names from my childhood...are they still in
biz???

GREAT alternatives to the Japanese invasion of the late 60s, early 70s...IMHO,
of course.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.