Question

Old May 24th 05, 02:50 AM
Daniel Mendoza

Default Question

Why don't you look at Airborne.net? Their frames are great quality.

Daniel

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Barny wrote:

I want to buy a bike frame to build a decent road bike but I don't
have a $1000 to spend on a frame as the bicycle stores are quoting me.
Is there a shop on line the someone would know of that sells new or
used 3 or 4 pound frames for an affordable price?

Old May 25th 05, 06:18 AM
Gareth

I bought my Ti frame from Habanero cycles $695 for the road frame. I
then bought used and new parts, and some donated ones to build myself a
pretty nice road bike.

Gareth

Old May 25th 05, 09:12 PM

Barney,

As other posters have cautioned, its not always the cheapest route to
buy frame seperately and build. But... if you are going that route, I
would second www.gvhbikes.com --great people, and they also typically
have great prices on build kits, as well as frames.

I haven't dealt with www.habcycles.com but the owner is a regular
around here, and a member of my club recently bought one of their
famous $695 Ti road frames, and is quite fond of it.

Good luck,
Matt.