Trials

Old January 8th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

Default Trials

why do people say they like to add some street flare into their trials?
My understanding is that street is a mix of trials and freestyle.

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

Old January 8th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

englishkiwi wrote:
whats a skinnie?

it is something to ride across that is, well, Skinny!!! - such as a
fence, handrail, a 2x4 that your dad left on the driveway, anything
that would pose a challenge to ride across due to its lack of
un-skinnyness

--
uni_jim

"Pads are for people who do not have trust in their abilities"

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
way to world domination.
uni_jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13559

Old January 8th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

Trials unicycling could never be concidered "unicycling"... i mean it's
not really "unicycling." For it to be concidered "unicycling" you
would probably have to ride a "unicycle" when you are doing "unicycle"
trials.

...Give me a break, Trials is as much a part of unicycling as mUNI and
freestyle.

Old January 8th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

uni.rider.13 wrote:
why do people say they like to add some street flare into their trials?
My understanding is that street is a mix of trials and freestyle.

say a trials line was to tire a ledge and jump off. that line with
street flare would be to shifty off the ledge.
basically it is a way to make trials lines that have easy sections look
better without doing a complicated trick like unispins, crankflips,
etc.
but your understanding of street is correct

--
torkerdx

GILD wrote:
If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
objectification?

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skrobo wrote:
i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Old January 8th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

I agree trials ain't the ggreatest to watch but it can be really awsome.
Especially if you throw some static street tricks in there. But I
think what tomahawk was getting at is why people do trials. Most
people can't go and gap 5 4"X4" hopping posts 5 posts a part without
setup hops between em all. Every body wants to not only clean a line
but now to have no setup/balance hops. But in order to do that you
have to slowly take setup/balance hops away. Any world class level
trials rider like say yoggi for example hardly has any setup hops. But
who dosn't want to be able to ride like yoggi? Not to offend or ay
anyones bad but theres smooth trials and then theres trials. Probally
less than 10% of the unicycling comunity can clean a crazy line, do it
somooth and get honest comments. Most people ride trials for a feeling
of accomplishment and could care less what people think about there
style. Which is fine If you clean a line that's awsome. Thats just my
thoughts though. I don't ride much trials for the same reason and that
I can get kinda excesive on setup/ balance hops. So I ride street were
you don't need em.

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

Borgschulze wrote:
I like to get to know you on a more personal level of which cannot be
described without 70's porn music and flashing lights.

iridemymuni wrote:

hey evan i've got the same blue nipples as you !!!!!

tobbogonist wrote:

this may be off topic, but my trouser snake is called:
Conan: The Barbarian

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

Old February 28th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
genesis4

skrobo wrote:
trials is so fun, you obviously havn't done it much.
it is frustrating when you should be able to do something that you
think you should be able to.

Yea i know. i hated it and then when i actually learned to hop SIF, i
loved it!

--
genesis4

unicycle WITH Christ (the clouds are soft)
genesis4's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13976

Old March 1st 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

I dont think trials is more boring to watch. For people who dont
unicycle its much better to watch because street is more and more
involving to flatland (and that is not that spectacular than a 8 feet
gap with a 5 foot drop). People who dont unicycle mostly dont notice
the difference between clearing a stairs set with a crankflip or
normal.

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'Video' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/lutz.wmv) |
Lutz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1752

Old March 1st 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Lutz wrote:
I dont think trials is more boring to watch. For people who dont
unicycle its much better to watch because street is more and more
involving to flatland (and that is not that spectacular than a 8 feet
gap with a 5 foot drop). People who dont unicycle mostly dont notice
the difference between clearing a stairs set with a crankflip or
normal.

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

Old March 1st 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
francisco

I don`t think of trials as just a show off thing as you guys seem to
think about street (or unicycling for it self).

trials is a sport. and like every sport it`s about overcoming
challenges. you don`t actually have to impress someone, you just have
to go some place where is really hard to get to... without putting your
feet on the ground.

also, it didn`t begun with unicycles. people used to do trials on
motorcyles dacades ago. you can still see motorcycle trials in ESPN.
those guys do such unbeliveable stuff that a big air rider (just for an
example) would not even attempt too.

I think if unicycling was just for a show off it would never got out of
the circus to become a sport.

ps: street is a sport too... it`s just faster then trials...

--
francisco

###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

BH PIRATA MONOCREW