Eating roadkill

Old July 22nd 14, 08:46 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

Default Eating roadkill

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

So me running down the deer was illegal? Or do you mean only on
purpose, if I was observed swerving into it with bullbars on the front
of my car?

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

--
Why do MPs drive Volvos?
Because they have safe seats.
Old July 23rd 14, 12:16 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
John Kennerson

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

So me running down the deer was illegal? Or do you mean only on
purpose, if I was observed swerving into it with bullbars on the front
of my car?

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

You can but should you. Typical Uncle Peter.

Old July 23rd 14, 07:10 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

On 22/07/2014 20:46, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

So me running down the deer was illegal? Or do you mean only on
purpose, if I was observed swerving into it with bullbars on the front
of my car?

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

Is it a vehicle?
Is is moving?
If the answer to both above is yes then it is illegal.

Deer act Scotland (1996) says
Any person who discharges any firearm, or discharges or projects any
missile, from any moving vehicle at any deer shall be guilty of an offence.

Why you have included rec.cycling in this I have no idea...

Andy

Old July 23rd 14, 07:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:10:10 +0100, AndyW wrote:

[...]

Is a bicycle a vehicle?

Why you have included rec.cycling in this I have no idea...

Because I'm discussing bicycles.

--
Seven wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.
Old July 23rd 14, 07:50 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:16:22 +0100, John Kennerson wrote:

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

So me running down the deer was illegal? Or do you mean only on
purpose, if I was observed swerving into it with bullbars on the front
of my car?

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

You can but should you. Typical Uncle Peter.

It would show great skill to learn to shoot accurately from a bicycle.

--
A British Engineer just started his own business in Afghanistan.
He's making land mines that look like prayer mats.
Old July 23rd 14, 07:52 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

It's actually quite possible. http://youtu.be/YRS-LqAS6ec

--
Drive defensively. Buy a tank.
Old July 23rd 14, 08:06 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

On 23/07/2014 07:50, Uncle Peter wrote:
[...]

Of course it is by almost any sane definition of the word. Why not have
a look at the web and find out for yourself?

Andy
Old July 23rd 14, 08:13 AM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
AndyW

On 23/07/2014 07:50, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:16:22 +0100, John Kennerson
wrote:

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:19:21 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 22/07/2014 08:19, Uncle Peter wrote:

So me running down the deer was illegal? Or do you mean only on
purpose, if I was observed swerving into it with bullbars on the
front
of my car?

Yes if you did it on purpose then it is illegal. Ditto for using a
vehicle to run down (as in chase) a deer or using any moving
vehicle to
shoot from.
If it runs into your path then it is not an issue.

So I can't shoot from a landrover? What about a bicycle?

You can but should you. Typical Uncle Peter.

It would show great skill to learn to shoot accurately from a bicycle.

It would show great stupidity and a startling lack of respect for the
animal shot. If you don't have a clean shot then you don't take the
shot. Riding a bicycle no hands while firing a rifle would be
irresponsible in the extreme assuming that you actually had a rifle to fire.

Given that most deer are found in rural locations and therefore rough
ground and that most deer will bolt at 100 yard plus range then getting
an accurate kill shot whilst riding a bike on rough ground no-handed to
permit a good hold on the rifle and shooting an animal at 100+ yards
range is as close to nil as makes no difference.
Why not try to shoot grouse backwards over your shoulder sighting via a
mirror one-handed whilst riding a pogo stick?

Andy

Old July 23rd 14, 02:00 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:13:43 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 23/07/2014 07:50, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 00:16:22 +0100, John Kennerson
wrote:

In article
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

[...]

Just because you're no good at shooting doesn't mean there isn't an exceptional one somewhere.

--
In Today's Market Activity, Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Sun peaked at midday. Balloon prices were inflated. And, Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. Invest wisely!
Old July 23rd 14, 02:01 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Uncle Peter

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:06:06 +0100, AndyW wrote:

[...]

How about roller skates? How far will you go before it's not a vehicle?

--
"Americans will always do the right thing when they have exhausted all other alternatives." -- Winston Churchill