MegaExo interchangeable with Hollowtech II?

Old December 8th 05, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default MegaExo interchangeable with Hollowtech II?

Howdy,

Is a DuraAce crankset useable with an FSA MegaExo bottom bracket and
vice-versa?

Thanks!

Joseph

Old December 8th 05, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Why? The DA 10 bb has better bearings and priced between $50 to $80.
Why bother?

Old December 8th 05, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

bfd wrote:
Why? The DA 10 bb has better bearings and priced between $50 to $80.
Why bother?

I knew somebody was going to say that :-)

I am helping someone spec a bike. He is going to get a Pinarello Dogma
FP which has a special oversized bottom bracket. It can be ordered with
a square tapered spindle, an ISIS spindle, or a Hollowtech II version
which I assume is just a set of bearings with the proper diameter and
offsett to use Hollowtech II cranks, but I do not know for sure, and
won't know for sure until the frame arrives. He wants to use FSA
cranks.

Joseph

Old December 8th 05, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

(bfd) asked:

Why bother?

Good question!

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old December 9th 05, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

oclvframe wrote:
Sounds like a good reason to NOT buy the Dogma....Once you are tied into
something...it just makes life miserable in the future!

-r

I found out it has a threaded sleeve option where you can mount any
standard ITA bb, or use the Pinarello oversized bearing versions of
ISIS, or square taper. All these are interchangeable, so no vendor
lock-in. So there are still only 4,700 reasons not to buy a Dogma FP,
instead of 4,701!

Joseph

Hollowtech II Tools and 7800 Chainset John McDowall Techniques 13 November 20th 05 01:08 PM
Any Tricks for installing FSA MegaExo Cranks Sir Topham Hatt Techniques 4 August 14th 05 11:43 PM
Hollowtech crank bolts not included James Scott Techniques 3 April 17th 05 11:25 PM
SL-K COMPACT MEGAEXO aameti Techniques 9 April 15th 05 02:11 PM
Compact Cranks: Bontrager Race-x-lite vs FSA SL-K MegaExo [email protected] Techniques 3 March 29th 05 05:58 AM