OT GRS: Hamilton and divorce?

Old September 28th 04, 09:15 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default OT GRS: Hamilton and divorce?

While in Germany, I read a newspaper blurb that iterated through Tyler
Hamilton's woes this year, including, according to them, a divorce from his
wife.

This came as a surprise to me, and seemed particularly suspicious as they
never mentioned the death of his dog. Seems like they might have gotten their
facts mixed up.

Anyone heard anything about a Hamilton divorce?

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old September 28th 04, 09:37 PM
bri719

No, go to his website and I think you will get a different impression...

I would be quite surprised

bri

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

While in Germany, I read a newspaper blurb that iterated through Tyler
Hamilton's woes this year, including, according to them, a divorce from his
wife.

This came as a surprise to me, and seemed particularly suspicious as they
never mentioned the death of his dog. Seems like they might have gotten their
facts mixed up.

Anyone heard anything about a Hamilton divorce?

--

* enjoying the karma *
remove LKJSDFJSD from address to email

Old September 28th 04, 09:53 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-09-28, bri719 penned:
No, go to his website and I think you will get a different impression...

I would be quite surprised

bri

Sure enough. I wonder where they got that idea.

It's hard to respond properly to a top-post.

Old September 28th 04, 11:29 PM
Firewalker

You were able to figure it out, so stop whining.......

Old September 28th 04, 11:54 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

STOP PICKING ON BRI!!!

Old September 29th 04, 12:17 AM
bri719

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:

Bill "see???" S.

no...where? :-)

Old September 29th 04, 12:38 AM
Zilla

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
While in Germany, I read a newspaper blurb that iterated through Tyler
Hamilton's woes this year, including, according to them, a divorce
from his wife.

(snip)

monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

How'd you like Germany? I was in Munich for the first
time 3 wks ago, for 2 weeks, and loved it!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old September 29th 04, 03:21 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-09-28, Zilla penned:

How'd you like Germany? I was in Munich for the first time 3 wks ago, for 2
weeks, and loved it!

Well, there's a big difference between a trip to Germany and a trip to visit
family ... I did the latter. My mother and I spent a solid eight days with my
grandmother, whom I hadn't seen in 12 years. It was ... well, let's just
leave it at the fact that it was *not* a vacation, and in comparison, the
flights to and from Germany were exciting and fun. Also possibly roomier --
grandma guilted us into staying in her one-bedroom apartment rather than
letting us stay in the hotel about a block away.

We did get one day with some family friends, and that was great. When I was a
kid, I lived a couple houses away from them, and they are still as welcoming,
loving, and generally awesome as they were back then. They even made my
favorite foods, which they still remembered.

I did gain at least one belt notch while in Germany -- combination of good
food and stress-eating. There wasn't anything else to do. There were great
hiking trails all over the place where grandma lives, but mom couldn't handle
any incline whatsoever, and I couldn't even get to breathing deeply walking the
flats with my mom. I was not allowed to hike alone (hi, I'm a full-grown
adult and everything!) because my mom was afraid I'd get kidnapped or
assaulted or something. The stress level in the apartment was high enough
that I didn't feel like starting a major row by just up and leaving. Then the
rain and the cold came, and we couldn't even do the scenic drives which
grandma apparently likes ... so, trapped in a tiny apartment with two other
women and a yappy dwarf poodle who can do no wrong in the eyes of my
grandmother.

Ah well. I was gratified to find that my German came back to me pretty well;
I was thinking in German and even had a bit of trouble finding the right
English words by the end of the trip. Our family friends expressed
astonishment at my lack of accent; one of the kids even commented that I spoke
in the Pfaelzish (sp?) dialect! Just a few things here and there; mom always
insisted that I speak proper German when I was a kid.

How was your trip?

Old September 30th 04, 12:04 AM
Zilla

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2004-09-28, Zilla penned:

[...]

Mine was not a "vacation" either - I was there on business.
Though I went with a German colleague who lived in Munchen
so he was a perfect tour guide. He knew all the restaurants,
beer gardens, the food, the customs, etc. I got to know the
rail system pretty well. Munich is a city of bicycles - I almost
got run over by bicyclists since I didn't expect them. I stayed
mainly at the Marienplatz, and got to go to Schwabbing (sp???)
I stayed for 2 weeks so the weekend in between, I went to
Salzburg, Austria with a Filipina friend who I met, who worked in
the same company (just friends, I'm married!). She spoke
fluent German and has lived in the Munich for 5 yrs. now, so
she was another perfect tour guide. I got to see Mozart's
birthplace, and the house where he grew up. I appreciated
this since I'm a musician (music hacker really).

I did not get to ride a bike though, my regrets. But the food,
the beer, the people, the city were great. I loved it and would
want to go back

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC